Tailgating

I am not one to complain on forums but unfortunately a ■■■■■■ in a white MAN has reduced me to it. Monday afternoon I was on the A17 enroute to Skegness with my wife and children in the car. So far so good, I am sitting there with my cruise control on just over 50 happy as Larry, I can see the next vehicles are 150ish metres ahead, everyone is happy except the [zb] in the MAN WHO TRIED TO PUSH ME ALL THE WAY!. He was that close if I had of braked he would of never seen me and been over the top of my car and most likely wiped my family out. Idiots like this are what gives the transport industry a bad name!. I couldn’t get his reg as he was so close to my car, all I know is it was a white MAN pulling a reefer with someone who shouldn’t have a licence behind the wheel!
If I had been alone in the car a brake check may of been in order just to get knobs like him off the road! but I would never of done it with my kids & Mrs in car!

I would’ve slowed down mate, ever so gradually to remind that ■■■■■■ of the 40mph limit for his vehicle. A quick heads up to the boys in blue would be in order as well I think ?

why were you not doing 60? I would have removed myself from the situation.

I would have sped up so I was clear then slow right down to let him get past and taken the company and reg number, called plod and his company followed by one to VOSA also … not that I am vindictive of course but where my family are concerned its different.

FarnboroughBoy11:
why were you not doing 60? I would have removed myself from the situation.

I am gaining on a large line of traffic? so I let someone bully me into catching said line, then he catches up and pushes again?

brados:
I would have sped up so I was clear then slow right down to let him get past and taken the company and reg number, called plod and his company followed by one to VOSA also … not that I am vindictive of course but where my family are concerned its different.

I am not vindictive mate, if I could see the traffic ahead from my car he could see it so what was the point? chill out, knock her back and get some brownie points on the fuel bonus! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dazteahan:
I am not one to complain on forums but unfortunately a ■■■■■■ in a white MAN has reduced me to it. Monday afternoon I was on the A17 enroute to Skegness with my wife and children in the car. So far so good, I am sitting there with my cruise control on just over 50 happy as Larry, I can see the next vehicles are 150ish metres ahead, everyone is happy except the C*%t in the MAN WHO TRIED TO PUSH ME ALL THE WAY!. He was that close if I had of braked he would of never seen me and been over the top of my car and most likely wiped my family out. Idiots like this are what gives the transport industry a bad name!. I couldn’t get his reg as he was so close to my car, all I know is it was a white MAN pulling a reefer with someone who shouldn’t have a licence behind the wheel!
If I had been alone in the car a brake check may of been in order just to get knobs like him off the road! but I would never of done it with my kids & Mrs in car!

Yawn.

Oh dear I didn’t hold you up from the next queue did I scanner?

Just stop gradually with your hazards on, he can overtake & then you can be on your merry way.

Some truckers are simply retarded, that is all. What is the point in it? I’ve said before some people don’t know they’re doing it, now I appreciate if you’ve got one on you & need to be somewhere it can be frustrating when there are other vehicles in the road but tail gaiting a car with a family in it is just totally dead head.

I would have pulled into the first layby and let the unsafe dumb numpty pass then contacted the company if possible

These topics always crack me up. “SOME [ZB] IN A WAGON WAS DRIVING TOO CLOSE AND NEARLY WIPED OUT MY ENTIRE FAMILY!!!1111111111111111111111111!!!”

“So what did you do to remove yourself and your family from the situation?”

“…”

:unamused:

As said reduce ya speed gradually, done that a few times with tailgating drivers, gone from 55 to 40 before the numpty has realised what’s going on!
He isn’t stupid enough to run into the back of ya now is he?

This works well,stop with your right winker on ,when the tailgater stops pull the keys out and throw them in the hedge,I seen my dad do a few times.

Ha, your dad, the geezer! No violence, just have that…

I made sure I had room to get out of trouble if needed, speeding up to the next line of traffic sitting at about 50 would of made it worse as I would of been boxed in. What is worrying is that some so called professional drivers seem to regard this as perfectly acceptable behaviour!

I

dazteahan:
I made sure I had room to get out of trouble if needed, speeding up to the next line of traffic sitting at about 50 would of made it worse as I would of been boxed in.

I agree in that situation

Had that been on a multi laned road where the one behind has the option of using another lane then I would use the slow down

dazteahan:
I made sure I had room to get out of trouble if needed, speeding up to the next line of traffic sitting at about 50 would of made it worse as I would of been boxed in. What is worrying is that some so called professional drivers seem to regard this as perfectly acceptable behaviour!

I

You will not get much sympathy on here for being tailgated.You would think being a professional truck drivers forum all drivers would agree that the only person at blame was the tailgater.
But you are to blame as well for not getting yourself out of the situation which as you have explained is not always possible.
Yes if there is a layby you can pull in but we all know how few laybys there are on some roads but why should you have to do that(apart from keeping yourself and your family safe) when you are doing nothing wrong.
The point is you are completely in the right and the truckdriver is completely in the wrong and these ignorant morons need taking off our roads asap.They are the ones that cause many horrendous accidents with their selfish driving.
Personally I have my own way of dealing with them when it is possible and that involves making sure we have a little chat which the driver inevitably finds quite painful.

dazteahan:
I made sure I had room to get out of trouble if needed

So all-in-all, a bit of a non-event then.

albion1971:
the truckdriver is completely in the wrong

:smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: .

albion1971:
Personally I have my own way of dealing with them

From whats been stated this is horrendous driving by a so called professional, tailgating is bad enough but he/she would have been close enough to see you had children in the car.

I would have probably speed up a bit to get closer to the line of traffic ahead as 150 metres allows vehicles from side roads to pull in and impede your progress further and see if that caused the truck driver to come to his senses and if that didn’t work I would have to pull over to protect my family, and then get the wife to call the company if its details where visible and failing that the police and explain to them the situation and also that the trailers landing legs weren’t fully wound up :wink:.

Course you shouldn’t have to make any changes to your driving style as your not in the wrong, this is just what I would to to try and diffuse the situation before taking positive actions to protect other road users from someone who is not fit to call themselves a professional driver.

Doubt I would let it get to me enough to post on an internet forum though as it just prolongs the experience.

Lol at Robs picture :slight_smile: