I've never grassed anyone up before, but today I did

Short story, I was on M11 today, got behind a Highways Agency Iveco van who was toodling along at 45-50, so I moved across to overtake and as I got level, he dropped the hammer.

“OK matey, whatever” I thought to myself… As I tucked in behind him he slowed down to 45 again. We repeated this sequence two more times before I tucked in behind him and gave up. (It wasn’t the hills, I wasn’t loaded)

I took a mental note of his registration and called the Highways Agency to report the sucker when I stopped in Dagenham. I was still ■■■■■■ off about it and have been all day. I just got a reply which will amaze you, especially since each time he did it I could see him smirking in the mirror at me:

Dear Matt,

Please see email below from the Atkins M11 supervisor.

I spoken with Glenn Flaherty who was driving the vehicle this morning with Chris Ray, both are unaware of
Any intentional driving manoeuvres to prevent a HGV from successfully over-taking along a stretch of the M11, The ISU vehicle is restricted and over the section of motorway Mr swan has mentioned it is particularly undulating resulting in varying speeds for all restricted vehicles.

The ISU have also said that around the time mentioned they were finishing a safety patrol/ looking to pull of the M11 and Onto the hard shoulder to carryout technology box maintenance. Both ISU operatives have mentioned that under no circumstances would they have knowingly carried out any unsafe Or childish behaviour especially as Glenn has a class 1 HGV license and knows the dangers that can arise from Reckless driving.

Glenn has said that he would like to apologise if any misunderstanding has taken place.

Regards,

A Penpusher
Agent - Birchanger Depot

Highways & Transportation

What would you have done?

claretmatt:

Forgotten about it a long time ago :unamused:

It happens every day and will most definitely happen to you again, the fact that it was a professional driver doesn’t make the blindest bit of difference.

I can understand that it got under your skin but you should have kept quiet i think.

I’d have just chilled, can’t understand why you reported him, just get on with driving your own vehicle to the best of your ability and chill :sunglasses:

Probaly just thought to my self what a knob head and forgot about it. What did you think his boss was going to do sack him because you said so.

NOw you know where his depot is you could go down and punch him in the cake hole.

claretmatt:

The same as you did .Iam 67 retierd now been HGV all my working life and don’t miss the job one bit.Was on nights 38 years even in the middle of the night arshols can still ■■■■ you about. Best of luck. Frank

The guy is a Richard Cranium forget about it, move on ! but guess what your paths may cross again! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

kr79:
Probaly just thought to my self what a knob head and forgot about it. What did you think his boss was going to do sack him because you said so.

Nah, course not. Usually let this sort of thing go every day but for some reason this really boiled my ■■■■. I guess it’s because you can usually count on “Government” owned vehicles to maintain a course and speed like the HATO’s and the old bill do.

I have to say, this ice cold Bulmers is actually making the anger go way :stuck_out_tongue:

claretmatt:

kr79:

Nah, course not. Usually let this sort of thing go every day but for some reason this really boiled my ■■■■. I guess it’s because you can usually count on “Government” owned vehicles to maintain a course and speed like the HATO’s and the old bill do.

I have to say, this ice cold Bulmers is actually making the anger go way :stuck_out_tongue:

All vehicles are driven by PEOPLE, I’ve had HATO’s speed up whilst I’m passing them, a quick main beam when I drop back behind them to show a little displeasure and that’s the end of it.

I had this once but a coach came to my aid and boxed the car in and alowed me to get out but just chill because at the end of the day im getting payed to do what I enjoy.

Just sit in the middle lane and ■■■■ everyone else off :stuck_out_tongue:

ibson:
Just sit in the middle lane and ■■■■ everyone else off :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^^^What he said ^^^^^^

I thought the email was a fair reply.
Was he accelerating ahead or sitting beside you when you was overtaking??
I would have stayed on the limiter in lane 2 until he got the point, we are allowed to be out there at the end of the day.

splitshift:
The guy is a Richard Cranium forget about it, move on ! but guess what your paths may cross again! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Very true that a container driver knocked my mirror off a few months back gave a moody name and phone number. go saw him on the a12 was tempted to have his mirrors off but we get a no accident bonus so kept swerving in on him making him swerve then ran him down the slip road in to diabolical traffic childish but cheered me up. :smiley:

Enjoy that Bulmers and don’t let the ■■■■ get to you, had a ■■■■ on the M1 today in a green scanny moving into lane 2 as I start to pass, I could’ve ranted and raved, but as I went passed he looked up from his Blackberry and I just shook my head, he knew that I knew that he knew. Tbh I’d forgottn about him till I read your post :laughing: .

Follow him until he pulls up at Cambridge services, then use the terrain (!) to park boxing him in, and having turned up slightly after he does, he’ll no doubt nick the last place in the lgv park, so you can park across him, thus securing an overnight ticket. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

(You leave at 1hr55min in, but he’s already there slightly over 2hrs)

There’s little chance the stobbies and dressingtables parked next to him will just happen to want out during this period of time… :smiley:

same happened to me today but it was a truck hr was doing 52ish when I got level with cab he left me standing in lane 2 like spear part.he was heavy I cault up with him hill and left him behind when pulled in for fuel he pulled in I said to him why he did that he said he thought it be funny so I emailed copy from dash cam to his boss and authorities I don’t do this or sorry

All car drivers are pricks-simples…!!! One could make a full time job of grassing them up if they wanted seeing that there’s so many of them…

So your a prick when you drive your car too.