Hutchinson tankers

Just wondering if anyone has any views opinions on hutchinson transport in hull. Good or Bad?

Have you applied there mate? I’ve applied so will let you know soon as I can.
Wage doesn’t seem to be the best but it’s local to me. Could get £1 an hour more over the bridge but would end up being worse off.

Always advertising, never a good sign.

Always advertising for Runcorn depot.At £9 odd an hour for class 1 ADR I’m not surprised.

I worked there a month. Had to leave as I hated climbing onto those iso tanks. Didn’t realise I was so scared of heights lol. They were ok as a company and 9 quid an hour in hull is very good. Boss is a good bloke and it’s a friendly firm only two downsides for me was I was in the mankiest Volvo fm and even after weeks of cleaning still looked and smelt like a tramps sock and I don’t do heights.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Where about’s you working now? Just seen that van den Bosch are advertising as well.
Spoke to the guy in the hull office and he said it’s £9.18 for 40 hours, £13.77 overtime, only £19 for night out and get an hour per day deducted for break. Can’t understand getting an hour docked when you generally only take 45 mins? And night out money is ■■■■■■ Only £80 a week extra for staying out all week. No thanks

Fudd44:
Where about’s you working now? Just seen that van den Bosch are advertising as well.
Spoke to the guy in the hull office and he said it’s £9.18 for 40 hours, £13.77 overtime, only £19 for night out and get an hour per day deducted for break. Can’t understand getting an hour docked when you generally only take 45 mins? And night out money is [zb]. Only £80 a week extra for staying out all week. No thanks

Bloody hell wages seem to be getting worse. I was driving Iso thanks in the early 90’s taking home between £350 and £400 a week. I’ve just been looking at my payslips. Last year I worked for a bulker company and I wasn’t taking home much more than I was 22 years ago. And how can they justify docking an hours break a day. I’m now earning £11 he driving for a local Tipper company and enjoying work again.

That’s good mate, but yeah wages are ■■■■■ around here unless you go work at the refinery doing fuel deliveries for Hoyer. I’ve applied there a couple of times but not heard anything as yet. Air products is another good one but hard to get into from what I’ve heard and now only doing 12 month contracts.
How’s the tipper work? I’ve never done it but never really fancied it much, although I would give it a go now.

You’ll get more money over at Immingham.

Fudd44:
That’s good mate, but yeah wages are [zb] around here unless you go work at the refinery doing fuel deliveries for Hoyer. I’ve applied there a couple of times but not heard anything as yet. Air products is another good one but hard to get into from what I’ve heard and now only doing 12 month contracts.
How’s the tipper work? I’ve never done it but never really fancied it much, although I would give it a go now.

I worked for BOC for 10 yrs until I was made redundant last year. a bit like Air products Good money and good hours, but in the end I took a job testing the gas cylinders as Id had enough of driving. then redundancy found me driving for a large grain company, for £8.33 for the first 40 hrs and lots of early starts. That’s what made me apply for a job at the tipper company. Id never thought about tipper work before. I guess you have to get on with the right company. I cant fault where I work. Most of the kit is less than 2 years old. a great site to work from as its all just been custom built. and the main thing for me is that the office staff, guys in the pit and the drivers all work as a team and have a good crack most of the time.
Hope you find something soon. may be worth looking at jobs you’ve not considered before.
PS I don’t miss driving an artic on bit :slight_smile:

Tanker driving in my opinion is the best :smiley: I have spent most of my working life pulling box vans, tautliners (Curtain siders to those too young to remember the original name) and flat beds. It was in April 2007 when I started with Foodliner and pulling liquid tankers is a dream, so easy it is beyond belief, I would not however want to do dry bulk tank work. My job is so easy, I drive to the customer, hook up, it takes on average 35 minutes to unload, then I return empty 99% of the time, it doesn’t matter if I deliver from NYC to Toronto Canada or Truro Nova Scotia which is over 2 days each way, I always return empty. It’s like an outing LOL

Pat Hasler:
Tanker driving in my opinion is the best :smiley: I have spent most of my working life pulling box vans, tautliners (Curtain siders to those too young to remember the original name) and flat beds. It was in April 2007 when I started with Foodliner and pulling liquid tankers is a dream, so easy it is beyond belief, I would not however want to do dry bulk tank work. My job is so easy, I drive to the customer, hook up, it takes on average 35 minutes to unload, then I return empty 99% of the time, it doesn’t matter if I deliver from NYC to Toronto Canada or Truro Nova Scotia which is over 2 days each way, I always return empty. It’s like an outing LOL

That sounds great . I enjoyed my days on Tankers (well to start with) but I was away all week. Now Im on a tipper I recon I can tip 20 tonne in under a minute :wink: