Starting a new job looking for advice on a company

Hi, I’m new to this site… I was wondering can any one give me any info on newland express transport please wether it be good or bad thank you

They in Hull?? Well if it’s the one near me… Not heard anything bad about them, even tried getting in there myself in the past actually.

Mpat:
Hi, I’m new to this site… I was wondering can any one give me any info on newland express transport please wether it be good or bad thank you

Is that the one in Hull? If so, standard pallet multidrop. I started mid afternoon with local collections on class 2 before a class 1 night trunk to Minworth (I think). Usually got finished by about 2am.
Yards a little tight, but they’re a decent set of lads and will help you out. Kit’s decent but nothing special. I was agency, so no idea on wage.
Hope that helps.
Cavey

Thanks, yeah it’s the one in hull. It’s the night trunk to minworth that il be doing guna be my 1st time driving double deckers any advice lol and also 1st night driving job lol wage is pretty good I’m at d&p haulage at the minute on class 2 but the wage is shocking

My mate left there about six weeks ago, he was class one and I’m sure it was around 7.40 ph… No wonder they can’t keep staff!

Yeah at d&p it’s about &7:30 class 2 and class 1 £8 an hour lol

People who have main jobs and work HGV for extra money are not too bothered about pay rate that’s why employers fill vacancies for drivers paying as little as £7.50 an hour. :unamused:

Mpat:
Yeah at d&p it’s about &7:30 class 2 and class 1 £8 an hour lol

I Was warned by my driving instructor to stayaway from d&p unless I was desperate for work. He had a VERY low opinion of them!

I only came to d&p because when I passed I couldn’t get into anywhere because I had no expierence but it’s time to move on I want to drive class 1 and until I handed my notice in these wasn’t willing to give me the chance, I handed notice in then a few hours later got a phone call they apperantly was guna speak to me that day about putting me on class 1 still trying to sweet talk me but the money been offered at newland I would be silly to say no without giving it a chance

As for deckers take your time round islands and bends,not trying to sound like I’m taking the P but obv thing being taller tend to rock more than singles but you will find your feet with them soon enough and don’t forget extra height,easy to forget if you only pull singles.
Trunking deckers sounds better than being sent into town centres with 1 doing shop deliveries.