job

Anyone in Northamptonshire looking for a job, you can have mine, I have just finished with Maritime, no problem with the job, always took home £500 per week on days of late, mind you, that was for about 60 hours, they are still looking for drivers both days and nights, pretty tough assessment, but they only want good drivers, good bunch of lads, I am only leaving, because I got back on the tankers for ■■■■■■■ good money.

Sapper

If I’d done the C+E already I’d be first to apply, I work from Caswell Road too :slight_smile:

Maritime are hot on the 2 year experience rule, or so I’ve been told, is this true?

I would consider but don’t fancy driving @52mph. With the figures quoted are you in your own bed at home every night…?

I’d drive at whatever speed I was told if I took home a good wage!

£500pw for 60 hours isn’t a good wage. :wink:
£480pw for 36 hours, on the other hand, is a fair wage for a job with hours like everyone in the high street. It’s the hours that are wrong - not the pay or the job itself. :exclamation:

Sapper,
I had an interview there about 4 months ago, was told i would be booked in for a driving assesment. Heard nothing, so i rang em, they had taken on all the drivers they needed. They then rang me about 2 weeks after that asking if i’d be interested in Distribution in MK, just sorted myself with something else so i said no. The other job i’d sorted myself with was ■■■■■■ so reapplied to Maritme…That was 2 months ago, nothing heard. So looks like i’ll have to stay where i am

Sorry about the disappointments guys, yes, I was in my own bed every night, the job is not hard, container work, the job in MK was sort of subbing for Tesco at the old Fenny Lock depot, but still on for Maritime, but on curtainsiders, I heard a rumour when I worked there, the John Williams, who owns Maritime, is a major shareholder in Stobarts and took a lot of work from the Stobart side as regards Tesco, he has 17 vehicles based at the new depot in Reading and some of the day and night guys are running into there during shifts at Northampton and doing some store deliveries with containers, I did a few when I was there.
Watch this space, you heard it here, in a few years time, if not earlier, watch all Stobarts changing to blue and white colours, ie Maritime.
Sapper

sapper:
Sorry about the disappointments guys, yes, I was in my own bed every night, the job is not hard, container work, the job in MK was sort of subbing for Tesco at the old Fenny Lock depot, but still on for Maritime, but on curtainsiders, I heard a rumour when I worked there, the John Williams, who owns Maritime, is a major shareholder in Stobarts and took a lot of work from the Stobart side as regards Tesco, he has 17 vehicles based at the new depot in Reading and some of the day and night guys are running into there during shifts at Northampton and doing some store deliveries with containers, I did a few when I was there.
Watch this space, you heard it here, in a few years time, if not earlier, watch all Stobarts changing to blue and white colours, ie Maritime.
Sapper

I was going to post that I’ve seen a lot of Tesco trailers behind Maritime units lately. Mainly round the M25.
Kind of satisfies my curiosity.

m1cks:

sapper:
Sapper

I was going to post that I’ve seen a lot of Tesco trailers behind Maritime units lately. Mainly round the M25.
Kind of satisfies my curiosity.

And I’ve got to say, all the Maritime blokes at Reading are spot on… :wink:
And Gary who is getting that side of it up and running…

Maritime are up everyone with a spare shilling nowadays…

Wonder when Maritime trucks and trailers will be released on tv then?

(Cue the narrator quotes.)

Ken.

Seen a few of maritimes pulling reed boardall trailers about recently.

Javiatrix:
If I’d done the C+E already I’d be first to apply, I work from Caswell Road too :slight_smile:

Maritime are hot on the 2 year experience rule, or so I’ve been told, is this true?[/qoute]

When I called them he told me to ring back when I was 24, don’t think 2years is the issue… In fact for me its always been the age as most say they can give you the experience but insurance is to much for young drivers.

Quinny:
Wonder when Maritime trucks and trailers will be released on tv then?

(Cue the narrator quotes.)

Ken.

what’s gonna be the equivalent of “driving with a big creamy mess” in the back with Ms Saltysiak? "
I’m gonna go off the quayside with this badly coupled container load" from Mr Saltyseaman maybe?"
:open_mouth: :smiley:

tinytrucker77:

Time of year. RB always has a lot of subbies on in summer.

tinytrucker77:

Maybe it’s because they don’t want to get their shiny new Volvo FHs all dirty…:slight_smile::):slight_smile:

Pimpdaddy:

tinytrucker77:

Maybe it’s because they don’t want to get their shiny new Volvo FHs all dirty…:slight_smile::):slight_smile:

Or possibly it’s due to not being able to retain their own drivers :smiley:

It may be, there’s many out there that can’t take care of their own… You must admit the new Volvos look nice…:slight_smile: