how practical?.

Thanks for the welcome everyone,here goes. I followed a thread on here to the scania longline,"exc"site.It looks just what the "away all week,few weeks,driver would need.If the overall length laws were changed to allow it to be used in the uk,ie:full size trailers,would it inhibit anyones access with deliverys/collections.Also has anyone come across any one with a shower installed in their truck.The longline "exc"seems to be a perfect candidate for one. :smiley:

Used to be a Scania that was on the show circuit a few years ago that had a shower in it. Pearl white sort of colour and had a monstor sound sytem in it as well as far as I recall. Owned by a guy called Graham something, surname began with C I think, and he came from Scotland.

Graham Cordiner i think fellas. I think i remember reading on here that he’d sold it, but not totally sure. Not seen it for years. I read in T&D that some guy had fitted a shower pipe and head to the bottom of an old metal beer barrel, filled it with water and piped his red line up to it! Good idea in the summer if you’re in a secluded spot i suppose, don’t know if it’s my cup of tea though!

That was the name I was thinking of Roger. Thanks would have bugged me until I had remembered it.

Wasnt it at truckfest 3/4 years ago ?.Up for sale if i remember ?

i was under the impressiion that the exc was no longer than a scania t cab.
and thus could be used here without changing the length laws??.

The T-cab and the Longline can both be used over here, but not with maximum length trailers. The T-cabbed Longline in last months T&D though, well that’s a whole different kettle of fish!! Doubt you could pull a car trailer with that legally!

:smiley: LOL!

You’d be driving the trailer and pulling the cab it’s that long ! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Brgds

Speedy

[oops wrong topic]

Don’t know if anyone remembers but Volvo’s F89 was available in ‘Middle East’ spec - came with a shower too. You hung the shower rail and curtain around the open door and then washed under warmed water flowing from a tank on the roof. Not a bad idea if you’re in the middle of a Saudi desert, but couldn’t see it being much fun in the UK during winter! :blush:

Craig

I agree Craig, would be a little ‘bracing’ to say the least.

Hang on, if you are in the middle of the desert miles from anywhere, why do you need the curtain? :smiley: :wink: :open_mouth: