Scania Longline

Has anyone seen the new scania longline truck in this months edition of trucking. This is the concept ecx truck. i must say it looks rather good. it would probably be better if other truck manufacturers considered making such a truck. Although i can’t really see anyone running one at a profit over here?

I seen it on the web somewhere a few weeks back, its a pearler aint it!

Yeh it looks really cool it has the same wheelbase as the t-cab, has running water dvd,tv,fridge, everything you could wish for. The tippers and takers will be the main target and they may build a right hand drive if they get enough orders for it :astonished:

I was talking to a colleague at Scania GB last week who told me that one Longline has already been ordered by a UK operator. They wouldn’t tell me who but I know that it’s not Coles of Banbury, although don’t be too surprised if they don’t have the second one.

So who’s having the first Longline in the UK, anybody know for certain??

Craig

I bet Rikki’s getting it :sunglasses: :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Or is he just hoping :question:

cheers

STEVE

My uncle has seen twice (i think the same) a Scania Longline pulling a Birds curtainsider,has anyone else seen this and does any one no if its just a demo or have they brought it■■? :smiley:

The chap that owns the company I work for is supposed to have one on order. He’s never wanted any publicity, so you won’t know much about him or the company, but we have the biggest fleet of Scania V8’s in the country. He has to have the first and biggest of whatever Scania launch. We had the first (but not the first publicised) 164L 580, and have already placed orders for at least 3x165L 620’s due next spring. He is rumoured to have ordered an extended cab Volvo also.

Anyone see the Dutch T-cab Longline in December’s T&D? Certainly has a bit of road presence! The longline cab was added to the standard T-cab topline cab independantly i believe (not built by Scania is what i’m trying to say). The unit looks to be about the same length as the trailer!

Here`s some info…

scania.com/about/news/press_ … _r-cab.asp

A lovely motor, but given the restricted access of the places I have to deliver to, I can`t see me getting my mitts on one. :frowning:

Vince

Roadhog:
The chap that owns the company I work for is supposed to have one on order. He’s never wanted any publicity, so you won’t know much about him or the company, but we have the biggest fleet of Scania V8’s in the country. He has to have the first and biggest of whatever Scania launch. We had the first (but not the first publicised) 164L 580, and have already placed orders for at least 3x165L 620’s due next spring. He is rumoured to have ordered an extended cab Volvo also.

Any chance you work for Sandy kydd :question: :slight_smile:

bet Rikki’s getting it

The Boss has had the hints :laughing:

But I think I am stuck with the standard T Cab for the next couple of years :cry:

Roadhog:
We had the first (but not the first publicised) 164L 580, and have already placed orders for at least 3x165L 620’s due next spring.

Hey Roadhog, where did you get the 620hp figure for the new Scania from?

Craig

Hey Roadhog, where did you get the 620hp figure for the new Scania from?

Dunno about that Craig… but for a small fee :laughing: I could point you in the direction of a Heavy haulage 4 series badged by SCANIA as a 164 640…

TruckNet UK:
Dunno about that Craig… but for a small fee :laughing: I could point you in the direction of a Heavy haulage 4 series badged by SCANIA as a 164 640…

Yeah, I know that trick Rikki, just chip it up, or simply superglue a few numbers together to make a new badge … job done

Meanwhile for a rather bigger fee :open_mouth: I could e-mail you some tasty photos of two genuine Scania 5 series …

Craig

darn!!

just chip it up, or simply superglue a few numbers together to make a new badge

there goes my idea for topping up the TruckNet Beer Fund :laughing: :laughing:

saw a couple pics of the 5 series in Truck…

It looked very similar to the 4 series…
Would be interested if they manage to getb a flat floor in a topliner

Would be interested if they manage to getb a flat floor in a topliner

I’ve not seen any pics of the interior yet Rikki but i’ve heard that it’s going to be a flat floor, although if you take a close look at the pictures in TRUCK you’ll notice that the Topline ‘pod’ isn’t quite as tall as it used to be, to compensate for the higher cab i guess. The usual story with cab design i guess, it’s all gotta fit inside those magic dimensions.

It has both beds at the back wall which to me is better.
My dad had a topline and it was a lovley truck just not a very good cab,cant wait to see the 5-seie inside :laughing:

the t-cab longline seen in trucking belongs to peter kempen of amsterdam, it hasn’t been built by scania so will not be available.
peter kempen has labelled it a long top, it’s a 164/580 extended t-cab with tag axle, the interior is walnut and has a shower and toilet, it has sink, microwave, flat screen tv, cooker and just about everything you could think of.
peter kempen is involved in food transport and pulls a tanker with his long top scania.
i am sure it will be featured very soon in a magazine near you.

"Craig 111:
simply superglue a few numbers together to make a new badge … job done

a mate of mine got one of the first 143-450s in uk (F310EDB to be exact) and stuck an old 146 badge on it first week out - we came up the blanc one night and an 01er (martintrux’s hero i think) spent ages spouting forth over the CB to his cohort about how it was the new scania supertruck and how there was one waiting for him when he got back - some people believe their own [zb] if they talk enough of it :unamused:

Small one…L. :wink:

Re the Scania EXC. Take a look at the old forums especially at a thread titled “Scania EXC - Me want”. Somebody very kindly introduced us all to this motor in February.
trucknetuk.com/bbsuk/Forum1/HTML/002646.html

Including a video clip
download.beers.nl/EXC.wmv