Scania Longline

Can’t remember where I saw it, but there was an article that noted if the ministry were to relax the overall artic length to drawbar specs, but keep the 13.6 metre trailer limit, we could all have a cab that size. When you think that CCD specced a topline purely for the streamlining to pull doubledeckers on locals…MMMM.

MAD28:

Roadhog:
The chap that owns the company I work for is supposed to have one on order. He’s never wanted any publicity, so you won’t know much about him or the company, but we have the biggest fleet of Scania V8’s in the country. He has to have the first and biggest of whatever Scania launch. We had the first (but not the first publicised) 164L 580, and have already placed orders for at least 3x165L 620’s due next spring. He is rumoured to have ordered an extended cab Volvo also.

Any chance you work for Sandy kydd :question: :slight_smile:

no, its carr brothers!!!

allegedly colliers are getting the longline mr coliers son is going to be driving it according to my sources which arent always correct so i put this here as drivers talk NOT FACT :wink:

Craig 111:
Hey Roadhog, where did you get the 620hp figure for the new Scania from?

Craig

We’ve had a 5 series test engine running in one of our 4 series Scanias for some time now. It was a 620 but when fitted to our truck it was downrated to 580.

BTW, it out-performs our other 164L 580s and can return nearly 11mpg at 40t.

Seen this months ‘TRUCKING’ magazine yet? The first feature on a (albeit foreign) Longline, fully sprayed-up and earning a living. I think the company could’ve used all the livery space on the cab sides to better effect though, but anyway nice to finally see a feature on a working one.

Just spoke to an owner driver who was interested in one of these and Scania in Sweden told him they are about £ 155.000 !!!

Bit too expensive as nice as they are

The T-cab longline in this month’s Trucking say’s it was built in Germany by a company called Ematra.
I think there may be a mistake there,as Ematra is actually a dutch company from Barneveld.They have done quite a few amazing conversions over the years,the owner is the brother of Gijs Van Mannen who used to own Van Maanen Koeltransport where I worked for a number of years.
We used to have all our painting and bodywork done there,and a first class job it was too.

Keith

I hate to say it,but I was right :laughing:

Just checked out Ematra’s web site and there is a picture of the longline T-cab under ‘speciale producten’

Keith

I was talking too the driver of a T-cab Scanny a few weeks ago. He reckoned that, because he had a very sharp turn-in on his steering, he could turn in the same space as my wagon (of that day), a 124 Scanny topline. How true that is I do’nt know.
How about it Rikki?

It’s certainly the dogs wotsits!, I’m suprised that RO-RO is’nt already running a fleet of 'em :laughing:

Oh man!!! you had to go and mention wotsits! I miss my wotsits! Please someone send me wotsits :stuck_out_tongue:

Bully

he could turn in the same space as my wagon (of that day), a 124 Scanny topline. How true that is I do’nt know.

I doubt it… My T cab chassis is about 6 inches longer than our double drive 144 and 164 Topliners… however the front wheels are also set further forward than the Top liner.

They can both out turn me by a large margin!!!

The R cab Longline is built by a company in Sweden called Laxa who builds all of Scania’s Special vehicles Fire Engine cabs etc…