How Lucky Am I

Hi all
New to this forum, but had to post after what happened to me on thusday,
I just thought i would tell you all how much my truck cares for me :confused:
I had been out early done a few drops and returned around lunch time for a second load,
Got loaded up about 12 tonnes of wood and left the yard, I thought something was wrong, and when i stopped at the first roundabout the clutch promptly started slipping,
Oh bother i thought (perhaps i wasn’t so polite)
and limped it back th 1km to the yard, as i got back in the yard, smoke everywhere, clouds of it all white,

My boss promptly called Scania out, Diagnoisis one well worn out clutch, and one blown turbo,

Firstly how luck i am, if the clutch hadn’t slipped at that moment i would have been on the M11 when the turbo went, probably waiting hours for recovery,

Secondly, an 18mth old 26t P270 Scania, with 105000km’s on the clock that needs a turbo and a clutch (its got an opticruise box) :confused: ( i have only driven it for 2 months)

Welcome to TrucknetUK Hippo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hope you had your fogs on with all that white stuff :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Hey Hippo,

Good job on getting it back to the yard, like you said, you probably avoided a very long wait on the hard shoulder!

Glad it all worked out in the end,

Alex

welcome to the site hippo, sounds like you were lucky to get back into yard mate, i had a 26 tonne erf, that shorted the starter motor on the way out of dover one morning, ire extinguisher was a waste of time, but the 5 litre bottle of sainsbury’s water was a god send!! wagon was only 2 months old.

Thanks for the warm welcome
I think i was really lucky, I could have been sat at the side of the road for hours.
Like some one else said on this forum, It was like moving house emptying the cab out.

Owen (aka the Hippo)

Hi Owen ,
welcome to the forum mate ,
and yip a good judgment call taking back to the yard ,
saved you a lot of roadside time,
also if youu read the blown turbo posts some scarry storys esp of the driver in the bin lorry !

Welcome to TN

Must be the week for blown turbo’s 3rd one