how long

hope some wise head can enlighten me here, how long does it normally take your liscence to come back from dvla when you send in your medical and new picture to renew it for the next 5 years? was tracked in 3 weeks ago by post office, any ideas? thanks

Should be back within 3 weeks usually - call them 01792 782 341 :bulb:

PS - I do hope you photocopied everything before you sent it off - and got a ‘responsible person’ to sign those copies (policeperson, doctor, teacher etc) just in case of a DVLA ■■■■-up

I sent mine off for a photo renewal and it was back in around a fortnight.

I also recently sent off for a change of address, and as Rog stated, I got the local nick to confirm copies before I sent them, and that took a fortnight.

Saying that though, I sent the form at the end of September to change address on my driver card - I received a letter on monday saying it will be ready at my chosen location from the → 28TH OF OCTOBER ←

Thats FIVE WEEKS in total.

Give them a call mate just to be on the safe side and make sure they have got it.

thanks boys, i photocopied everything and the royal mail confirmed it was delivered,special delivery as my passport etc was in the envelope, they have not tried to take the £20 out of my bank account yet so a quick call will be needed i think

This postal strike messes things up, my pay slip usually arrives every Friday morning without fail. Recently been as long as a week later in turning up. Same with credit card statement it arrived nearly 12 days late.

I sent my medical form,photo,cheque etc: to the DVLA on the 22nd September,not heard from them yet,but I noticed that they cashed the cheque on the 14th October.,so hopefully I’ll be receiving my licence soon,in the meantime,the DVLA sent me a " cover note " to drive while renewing current driving entitlement.
As has been said,I also think the postal strike will mess up lots of things.

Great site btw,lads and lasses. ( I’m a newbie on here ). :wink:

i sent mine off a week ago monday by registered post and got it back this monday just gone

James Bateman:
( I’m a newbie on here ).

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome James Bateman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

James Bateman:
sent my medical form

1st medical or renewal :question: - did you manage to get it for under £50 ■■

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Renewal mate,got my medical done by the folk at driversmedicals.com price £49.

James Bateman:
Renewal mate,got my medical done by the folk at driversmedicals.com price £49.

Nice one :smiley: :smiley:
A renewal tells me that you are not a newbie so how long you been in this game :question:

Been driving on and off for 20 years,I do agency work now,suits me,work when I want to. :wink: