How busy this January for you?

How busy for you this January…For me-still Ok.i think little bit quit.shift just 7-9 hours.but still not cancel shift.

Was quiet…I get going on Wednesday on a Hungarian adventure.

Dead as a Dodo! Never known it like it tbh. Lots of the lads have had to have enforced “rest” days. I haven’t had to yet, but I explain it to them in football terms as in the manager will always field his best team, ergo I’m first team, they are merely reserves!

My how they laugh. :smiley:

Ive come back from france today and did 5 collections and brought back 5 pallets.

Agency drivers will always be idle this time of year.

The rest of us are BOOMING. My job is linked to the fortunes of the building trade & for January we have been running fully booked.

Usually goes a bit quiet until maybe mid February but I’ve not stopped so far.

Ive worked 3 days in the last 4 weeks !!! Some of the time off has been for personnel reasons, but the majority of the time is due to the bleak season, fear not the moneys in the bank & Im not worried …YET!

Flat out, been doing 5 and 6 since before Christmas.

Ive come back from leeds today done 2 drops and back empty :confused:

last 3 weeks have been good according to the gaffer but came back empty today from basildon

Not been bad till this week we always have a good start then tails off into feb. still getting my 10.5 hours in just but I have been hanging it out yesterday would off been done by 2 until I was instructed to valet my boss’s truck just aswell he doesn’t look after it I just about got it done by 5.

Karl86:
Not been bad till this week we always have a good start then tails off into feb. still getting my 10.5 hours in just but I have been hanging it out yesterday would off been done by 2 until I was instructed to valet my boss’s truck just aswell he doesn’t look after it I just about got it done by 5.

He be getting u to mow his grass next :open_mouth:

largebloke1969:

Karl86:

He be getting u to mow his grass next :open_mouth:

You laugh in the 8 years I been there when its quite I’ve cleaned all the motors, laid drainage, concreted and my personal favourite replace broken fence panels and plant shrubs for his mum lol oh the joys of working for a small family :slight_smile:.

January started quiet but its picked up a bit now and just waiting for the run up to the Easter silly season :wink: :laughing:

I’ve not been home in a fortnight. Flat out like an Essex girl. Not been abroad just UK.

Thought you had been quiet :laughing: :laughing:

Drift:

Well … if you had been laying flat out like an Essex girl would you advertise that fact :question: :laughing: :laughing:

raymundo:

Drift:

Well … if you had been laying flat out like an Essex girl would you advertise that fact :question: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Been flat out right through January but Feb looks like being quiet, just a couple of shifts lined up for next week

January has been poop for me, owing to our delivery point going under, so existing on basic stand by wage of just £500 top line per week and no extras so will look forward to the new big player who has taken over the plant in Deptford so we can get running full time again.

But … I only get paid when onboard the boat and have only done two weeks so that equates to half that amount each total week during Jan !!