Agency drivers - who works tomorrow?

I’ve been quite happy this January, minimum 4 days a week and even turned down a Sunday today as we had a day out planned !!! I’m in ASDA tomorrow, January is turning out to be a lot better than I expected ! Are you other agency lads working tomorrow, are you getting through January ok ?

Kerbdog:
I’ve been quite happy this January, minimum 4 days a week and even turned down a Sunday today as we had a day out planned !!! I’m in ASDA tomorrow, January is turning out to be a lot better than I expected ! Are you other agency lads working tomorrow, are you getting through January ok ?

NO

HTH

I was going to be working next week, but not now as they have just called to say its been cancelled. :imp:

Last sunday and today. Don’t know when im working next.

Tomorrow and Tuesday so far this week.

Ken.

Another downfall of agencies !

I know it would be hard but you all need to apply for perminant jobs and nobody go to the agencies, that way they will loose contracts and fold, then companies will have no choice but take on full time drivers.

Is it nice in your perfect world?

so far 4 days a week, nothing tomorrow but i don’t mind, as long as i get 2 days a week that will keep me above water.

tell me about it!,nothing last week until thursday,i callled by chance some agency ,usual spend 2 hrs filling in forms,so after i finish he asks if i have a asda green card, yep only used it in anger once before,got 3 shifts out of it thurs fri sat and in tommro, there busy with all the ex netto shores ,says its ongoingwe will see,better then nothing pity its 25 miles each way and every shift ive done is 8hrs but hey ho its work :slight_smile:

slackeye:
tell me about it!,nothing last week until thursday,i callled by chance some agency ,usual spend 2 hrs filling in forms,so after i finish he asks if i have a asda green card, yep only used it in anger once before,got 3 shifts out of it thurs fri sat and in tommro, there busy with all the ex netto shores ,says its ongoingwe will see,better then nothing pity its 25 miles each way and every shift ive done is 8hrs but hey ho its work :slight_smile:

Weren’t driving a Mallinson truck per chance were you?

Ken.

Pat Hasler:

I know it would be hard but you all need to apply for perminant jobs and nobody go to the agencies, that way they will loose contracts and fold, then companies will have no choice but take on full time drivers.

Yes Pat…and in the meantime they can all live on air.

no way was offered that last year from an agency , drive from shipley to barnsley to pick the unit up then start from redhouse …i declined :unamused:

Didn’t work last week or down to work next week. So much for my long term winter contract driving Oil Tankers. People just ain’t buying the heating oil, cos it ain’t cold.
This time last year it was down to the ‘Climate and the Chinese New Year’.
Applied for loads of jobs, even 7.5T for Tuffnells :unamused: :unamused:

im taking the advice theres loads of jobs out there… :confused:

Kerbdog:

Why would you ask that when we all know guys a desprate for work and you come on to gloat, ya ■■■

last 4 weeks its been a shift here and there, mostly last minute panic jobs, got 4 shifts this week 2am start though :frowning:

Pat Hasler:

Come on guys, some one has to say it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Every time there is a subject about agency’s some mentions the above

Pat Hasler:

What about people who do not want to be tied to a company or having to always work certain days and enjoy the flexibility of picking and choosing?

My Phone has his own Name
its called " sorry Mate,Your Shift’s been cancelled"
Everyone knows that,and everyone called last Week with,"Hi,S…

had nothing last week today on a training session to work on the bin waggons hoping for a few days out of that at least thursday got and assesment with adr doing the asda / nft truncking so hoping somthing is gonna come of that