Agency work

Are you busy ?.Ive just had the worst January December November in 7years of
agency working.February is not looking to good to say the least.So how are you
lot doing .I can,t see how they say there is a shortage of HGV drivers.

fingermissing:
Are you busy ?.Ive just had the worst January December November in 7years of
agency working.February is not looking to good to say the least.So how are you
lot doing .I can,t see how they say there is a shortage of HGV drivers.

Thats because there isn’t a shortage drive (there might be one for cheap labour though, not sure):lol::lol:, sorry to hear you’re struggling for work :frowning:

November and December were fine, was on a contract for DHL Next.

January sucked, so I got a full time job which didn’t suit, so I left.

So far, Feb has been dead.

Think a lot of it depends where you live and what tickets you have, if you’re in the Dumfries/Carlisle area you shouldn’t be struggling for work. Cheap? I don’t think so.

Had full shifts up until I got ■■■■■■ off, so took a week off then Mrs damaged her car on black ice so needed my van to get to her full time job, so had last week and this one off, car should be sorted by Monday which will please the Agency as he hasn’t been off the phone. In the mean time I’ve been sorting out finance for a couple of balers for the coming season and putting my son and his pal through their LGV training so not really time off :unamused:

Been registered with one agency for a month and a half and another agency for a month… Not had a single job or call from them… Both recond that they were overloaded with work.

i have been getting my 2-3 shifts a week all through Jan and Feb ( thats all i want ) :smiley:

Thruxton:
Been registered with one agency for a month and a half and another agency for a month… Not had a single job or call from them… Both recond that they were overloaded with work.

Sounds like they’re in the same league as politicians :laughing:

been fairly steady through Jan and Feb. Not flat out but usually at least 3 shifts per week. Worst was last week when I only had 2

Two shifts last week, one this week so far - pretty fedup.com tbh! :frowning:

I’ve had 5/6 days a week since June last year, until this week I only got offered a shift for today but turned it down as I’m not working for the next 5 days due to my C+E training and test.

out of curiosity who are people registered with?

when driving I tended to stick only with the big players as given my experience of recruitment and driving the smaller ones tended to only have a contract or 3 and often either relied on Depoel and the likes to top up. Depoel to me = ■■■■ rates of pay so wont ever do any of their work as a driver.

but for me although its a bit quieter than I expected most are getting 4-5 shifts a week but like always the ones who only want mon fri and 8 hour shifts within a mile of the front door are probably sat at home.

Thruxton:

typical of an agency,i have allways said there should be some kind of ombudsman to sort these agencies who bullsxxt about work,i am on about 3 days a week at the mo ,normally 4 or 5

I suppose if agencies had flat-out work for everyone in the quiet month of Mid Jan-Mid Feb - they’d take on some extra full timers at the yards themselves.

I was flat out from november until 2 weeks ago, then just the single day these last 2 weeks, which I’m alright with.

Next week is half term week around my way, so I expect the work will pick up for this next week - for those that live for being flat out all the time that is…

l to had a good Dec/jan but for feb only one shift in two weeks and l am with two agencies.

Nov & Dec had plenty of work then took first two weeks of January for holiday. My regular agency hasn’t put much work my way since returning off leave. Registered with another agency & had plenty of job offers infact, I’ve turned work down due to other commitments. I expect like someone has already mentioned half term next week so things should pick up there after.

Been flat out and never stopped. Howdens which I mainly do finally died off last week 2 months after it normally does but a parcel company has been going mental work wise putting extra trunks on to Minworth because they’ve had such a spike in business so I’ve just gone there instead. Small agency I work for is short of drivers and having to turn jobs down. Howdens will be picking up again in a week or so following normal trends so I’ll have been constantly busy.

Quite impressive given I live in a rural area. Hate to think how busy it’ll get when Siemens kicks off in Hull.

Yes, plenty of work here. (North East/North Yorks).

I had a dire Nov/Dec, only getting 2 or 3 shifts a week but strangely since the second week in Jan I’ve been flat out :confused:

I’m not registered with any agencys but have my cv saved on reed job site and my phone hasn’t stopped for weeks, I’m in the north east.

The agency guy I spoke too today was desperate for drivers,

biggdaz:
I’m not registered with any agencys but have my cv saved on reed job site and my phone hasn’t stopped for weeks, I’m in the north east.

The agency guy I spoke too today was desperate for drivers,

Yeah, I`ve never known it so busy up this neck of the woods.