Hope to start training soon

Hi guys just thought i would introduce myself and comment on a great forum with lots of interesting reading, i will hopefully be starting my Cat C training in the next few months in aberdeen and would like to know if anyone has any information on the local training providers.
Thanks

Have you checked out the link in my signature below?

Had a candidate from Isle of Mull last year.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Peter i was having a look on your website, when you say the practical driving test takes place at your centre, is that with the instructor you learn with or does an examiner come in for the test?

billydun34:
Hi Peter i was having a look on your website, when you say the practical driving test takes place at your centre, is that with the instructor you learn with or does an examiner come in for the test?

DVSA examiner visits the site for the test

ROG is absolutely correct. We ran the pilot scheme for the DSA and so we were the first in the UK to run tests from their own training centre. The main benefit is that zero time is spent travelling to and from test routes during training. And, of course, the reversing exercise is conducted on exactly the same bit of concrete you’ve been practicing on. It follows that our practice reversing area (being DSA test centre) is also correctly marked. This is far from normal and so avoids surprises on test day.

Then add to all that our DSA LGV Training Centre Accreditation and you will discover that not all training is the same.

You might like to check dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

Trainers on that register have no option but to employ qualified, DSA registered instructors. With anyone being able to call themselves a trainer (having held the LGV licence for 3 years), there’s a measure of reassurance in using someone on the register.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: