Hints on passing Class 2

I have test on friday.
Any one got any hints on passing class 2 practical test?
I am gonna try my hardest but i wondered whether anyone had any hints on passing.
thanks

Dont think of it as a test - just treat it like another lesson but instead of being told how to do it,you get the chance to show them what you have learned :wink:

I normally get nervous when it comes to tests so that is a good way to think of it.
I shunt lorries at work and i thought that it would be easy to do the reversing exercise but i was wrong.
I also didn’t realise that you could have 2 forward shunts on the reversing exercise which is a bonus that i could never have imagined.
i fluffed up on the first rear movement and the examiner said about the forward shunts and you can imagine my reaction, after that i got the lorry straight in between the cones, nerves were getting the better of me.
I love driving lorries and i just hope that on friday i get my licence to drive one for a living, it would be a dream come true for me.

I can think of is to just treat it like another days training,but with someone else in the passenger seat rather than your instructor which, worked for me ,and make surre you get a good nights sleep aswell

mutha-trucker:
I have test on friday.
Any one got any hints on passing class 2 practical test?
I am gonna try my hardest but i wondered whether anyone had any hints on passing.
thanks

TAKE YOUR TIME - do not rush anything
KEEP YOUR VISION RAISED so that you see the problem in the distance early which will allow you to plan early
Progress is to be made ONLY when conditions allow - ask yourself “why am I not at the speed limit” - if you cannot give yourself a reason - GET TO IT

Thanks for the advice.
it is very good advice.
any more hints?

I can’t remember who first said it, but it is worth repeating.

"When you go into a normal examination, you don’t know the questions and are not expecting to get 100%. You are aiming to achieve a PASS mark.

On a Driving Test, you know the questions. You’ve practiced them. The objective is not to achieve a ‘clean sheet’, but to attain a PASS’"

In other words, whilst you will recognise your mistakes and errors, don’t dwell on them. Move on and deal with the next ‘question’. After all, driving is simply an ongoing series of questions (as is Life) which demand answers.

It is how you demonstrate those ‘answers’ that decides whether you pass or fail.

Hope that helps.

Not wishing you luck :wink: but wishing that the ‘questions’ are of a less demanding nature. :smiley:

mutha-trucker:
Thanks for the advice.
it is very good advice.
any more hints?

Yes mutha-trucker, try readingTHIS

I’m surprised that ROG hasn’t pointed you in the direction of that post by…who was it■■? Can’t quite remember… :laughing:

It’s become customary to leave a comment at the end… :wink: if you can get that far :laughing:

dieseldave:
I’m surprised that ROG hasn’t pointed you in the direction of that post by…who was it■■? Can’t quite remember… :laughing:

As the panto season has started…

Oh yes I have
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck for today :smiley:

Good luck m8 :slight_smile:

Good luck, hope all goes well this time round.

Need some updates.
Well - was it a pass or fail?

I am late posting.
Not getting nervous is a hard thing.

For a one time failure I could offer you some tips but I think I would be wasting my time as I have as yet to get pass mine.
I wasn’t nervous when I took mine, but then again I knew what was coming and I am not always the most obedient of individuals :stuck_out_tongue: .

I do listen though, something some folks here may disagree with :open_mouth: .