Class 1 retest

All being well I should be doing my class 1 retest
in a couple of weeks. The test is on a saturday at
08:30 and I will have to get someone to cover my
friday night shift night shunting. At the moment I
am not to confident of passing as I have not been
in a artic since I failed the retest last month.
I will let you know the result and how it went as
soon as

Convoy, try relaxing the night before,and just give the guy a good safe ride on the day,

yes I know it,s easy other peolpe saying this but truthfully relax and think of it as a day out on the road,with a guest in the cab who because he has got
piles you need to give a nice easy ride,
well have i made you laugh at least,just relax and do your best on the day mate , take care,

good luck with the retest convoy. :slight_smile:

good luck mate,
and KEEP OFF THEM KERBS!

Thanks for the advice and replys :smiley: .
I know why I hit the kerb last time so
hopefully I have learned from that mistake
and wont do it again on the test

Good luck Convoy let try not to get yourself worked up in the mean time. :wink:

Hope you’re making good use of the week shunting.
Don’t get too chatty with the examiner, I find that there’s nothing so distracting as a good conversation.
Perhaps that’s why I still find myself here at 2 or 3 in the morning. :cry:

Salut, David.

Well make your time shunting count Convoy,it will give you vast experiance if you can get the chance to reverse some trl’s if the shunter lets you help.

Best of luck with it - sure that the shunting work will give you good experience. Personally I prefer the early AM Saturday tests since there are less muppets on the road to mess you up !!!

G

Gazzareth:
Best of luck with it - sure that the shunting work will give you good experience. Personally I prefer the early AM Saturday tests since there are less muppets on the road to mess you up !!!

G

ditto i passed my class 2 on a saturday am

Good luck Convoy, stick with it! :laughing:

All the best Convoy :smiley: :smiley:

Failed again today on the reverse exercise
as I took 3 shunts. Before the test I thought
If I was going to fail It would be on the road
but I only got 4 minors. So its waiting again
for another retest again for me now.

Sorry to hear that mate - although 4 minors is good on the road so you must be having a good drive !!

Sorry to hear that Convoy. Stick with it though.

Sorry to hear that convoy.

Sorry to hear that convoy :cry: I’m glad to hear your not quitting. :wink:

convoy:
I took 3 shunts.

During the training week of the last person (a chap called Geordie) I put through their C+E, the manoeuvring area was not available for the first three days. Not wanting to waste time, I did some ‘real world’ reversing exercises.

I always point out to students on day one - hour one, that my aim is to train them to pass the test, not to be a good driver; that is actually two different things. :unamused:

Too many times, due to time/cost restrictions, driver training students are only trained towards the test and nothing else. In many cases the student doesn’t actually grasp the theory and principals of reversing and so, if they get in a bit of ‘a pickle’ during the manoeuvre on test day, they can’t work out the best way rescuing the situation. This is when the shunts are used up!

So, back to Geordie and the ‘real world’ reversing; there were plenty of other quiet areas (i.e. private roads/industrial estates/yards etc) that were available. During those first three days I had Geordie reversing around corners and keeping the trailer close to the kerb, reversing into gateways/narrow entrances, parallel parking (ha!), and some accuracy training. As he was already a class C driver and was quiet good on the road i.e. going forwards, we were afforded the time to do a lot of the reverse training. The key factor here, was that Geordie rapidly developed his theoretical understanding of the principals of reversing and so, could get himself out of any ‘pickle’ he got into.

He passed his test with one driving/minor fault! :laughing:

Convoy, it sounds like you have the ‘going forward’ bit is sorted; ask your instructor about his thoughts on some ‘real world’ reversing training.