Hino tractors

Anyone any experience of Hino tractors ?

What do you wanna know Willie?

Are they good as a local vehicle working a 50k radius ? Also I believe they are bullet proof, thanks for your help

thats exactly what they’re used for over here, quarries and keg trucks spring to mind. i think they are 450hp and most are 4x2 although 6x2 is available. They are assembled by Harris trucks in Dublin and the only complaint you’ll ever here about Hinos is the stiff steel suspension.
The word tank springs to mind when you see them on the road.

jenningstruckcentre.com/new_ … 700_series

The 6 x 2 is a conversion for the UK, But i think they would be ok as a local truck or maybe the odd Aberdeen from Edinburgh.

great motors.
i did many runs to italy in one back in the 80s.
i had a mate,an owner driver.
italy for 4 years in an 336 hino.
dont underestimate them.
they havnt made tractors for a long time,but are still making rigids.
i was told this was to do with emmisions laws.
i dont really know.
i would take to the road in a hino tomorrow no problem.
back in the 70 in ireland…all we had , was
madators/guys/erfs…and other bone shakers.
all from england…i dont mean to be anti english,but these were all bone shaker,noisy uncomfortable heaps of scrap.
i had some of them myself as an owner driver.
then arrived the hino.
comfort…quiet cab…heater that worked and a bunk.abeit small,a bunk nevertheless, and i could hear the radio which came with the truck.
i still get annoyned when i see fodens and erfs and think of what we had to put up with.
the hino saved many a man from a wheelchair.
how many drivers ,i wonder in england and ireland are in wheelchairs,because of fodens and big j guys etc.

having made my statment in my last post…i do like to see all those old english motors at the motorshows.there are some good memories.
and to see the pictures of them on the various websites…
once i wouldnt ever have to drive them again for a living.
had to say this before i was attacked.

Rugged things.

Still see quite a few old ones round here still earning their keep.