Hino's

In the late 80’s my dad use to run a couple of hino’s 1 8 wheeler and a 6 wheeler tractor (4 wheeler with tag fitted) here is a couple of pics.
Anyone else got any of the early hino ? especially one’s with the nearside mirror sticking out in front ■■? 8 wheeler hino
hino tractor unit

I’ll try and scan some more later :smiley: :smiley:

theres a 8 wheeler tipper parked up at a motocross track on the outskirts of Worcester, the next time I’m passing that way I’ll get you a picture

heres some of the ones weve had still got some old ones that are now only used for quarry work

cheers lads some good pics there. anyone got any pics of a hino tractor unit ■■?

Heres a well known hino at Irish truck shows…

this HINO HE 336 was up for sale at a recent irish show its ment to be one of only 3 or 4 left in ireland

Why were they so popular in Ireland?

I mean this in all seriousness, i have this hairbrained idea to have a blinged up Hino and to take it to compete at Truckfest.

wonder why the one for sale has no speed lights on the roof?

bugcos:

'cause that’s where they build em.Must be some cost saving.

bestbooties:

bugcos:

'cause that’s where they build em.Must be some cost saving.

Availability of spares,fast delivery times and they could also withstand the pressure of poor Irish roads

I was speaking to an O/D today while waiting for the pumps on the A27.

He had a Hino and I asked him why they were so popular with tippers, but not any other rigids or tractor unit operators.

He said its because they really only do day cabs, any sleepers they’ve put out are too small to use regularly, so they seem to get kept on quarry work where the guys know they are going home every night.

Also the interior is great to clean but its very basic, a fully loaded one he said is about as sparse as a standard Volvo or Scania.
When I took a look in his it really reminded me of a 10-15 year old DAF. All Blue/Grey plastic, lots of it, and only a few “comforts”

Reckon they are about perfect for tipper work, but anything you want a bit of comfort for, probably a bit basic.

Alex

I drive a hino 8w tipper had it from new 57 plate gave up a tidy scania for it at first thought i was mad but have grown to love it have bhad about a dozen night outs in it comfotable enough but am not a big bloke . I took it down to truckfest south west this year didnt look to much out of place

here,s a few old hino,s that henricks haulage ran in the late 80,s
now running a lot of scanias

Heres another one for all you Hino fans!!!. This ones a HE336E demo seen on test in 1981.

And who remembers Vicon Transport?? Never heard of them myself but im sure someone does. Heres one of their new Hinos in 1978.

Oh Dear. Lets try again. :blush: Vicon Transport, anyone remember them?

rare old beasts there…i’ve never been under one in 17 years so either they are very reliable or there are none over here…that s-reg must have looked modern in it’s day,though.