Hino tractor units

saw somthing i didnt know existed a hino tractor unit

i know theres pleanty of 8 and 6leggers about but this was the first tractor unit ive seen

it were a 6x2 with mini mid lift in w h malcom colors

i were in the car and didnt get a chance to get a photo

I’ve seen a couple over the last few years but they don’t seem to have caught on, presumably because like most stuff made in China, they are crap.

J Reddington have got at least one unit and quite a lot of 8 leg tippers.

Thought that in Eire it was very popular and was imported in CKD
kits. the truck mags did a report on the Hino some time
in the 1980,s.

There are a few up here, they only come in 4 x 2, they are cheap, we nearly bought an 18 tonner to convert to a drawbar, but as usual with the japanese trucks you cant get type approval, unless you stretch a tractor into a drawbar. Any garage taking on a Hino are told to be carefull with figures as warranty claims are minimal, bullet proof engine and a ZF box ,you cant go wrong. They depreciate quickly but I think they are underated and would be a great local workhorse.

Harry Monk:
I’ve seen a couple over the last few years but they don’t seem to have caught on, presumably because like most stuff made in China, they are crap.

China? :open_mouth: Hino are Japanese, part of the Toyota Group. :wink:

Here’s a pic
Lorry Spotting

brit pete:
Thought that in Eire it was very popular and was imported in CKD
kits. the truck mags did a report on the Hino some time
in the 1980,s.

Nice few of these unit’s in ireland but if you speek too any driver or owner of one they hate them.

saw somthing i didnt know existed a hino tractor unit

they have been big in ireland as far back as i remember the 6&8 wheelers are very popular with the tipper lads some say they go for ever
the tracter units went of the market for a while there back now.

one company who took over a contract from wincaton here bought a load of them roughly 35,000 euro i met one of the lads thats driving them he said there crap

Colingl:
China? :open_mouth: Hino are Japanese, part of the Toyota Group. :wink:

But the trucks are not assembled in Japan. The ones you see here are assembled in the Republic of Ireland, from Chinese-made parts.

seen a daycab hino tractor unit 4x2 pulling a 40 ft trailer with either steel or scaffolding on in bedfordshire.

gauld of cullen had 2 of em, sold one back to the dealer and a guy from buckie has the other one, grants of ballinballoch has a couple units and 3 8 wheelers but he not all that impressed with them fuel wise

Hi all

Saw a Hino factory in Indonesia…popular over there…Japs dont buy them unless they work proper like

If they were better than Volvos. everybody would be running them. As it is, virtually nobody does.

Enough said!

dave:
seen a daycab hino tractor unit 4x2 pulling a 40 ft trailer with either steel or scaffolding on in bedfordshire.

It’s probably Reddington’s that’s the sort of gear it works on plain white with J Reddington in blue on the doors.

williemac:
There are a few up here, they only come in 4 x 2

There’s a 6x2 one running round here (North Yorkshire) that I see on the road once in a while. It’s in one of the quarry company colours (Hanson I think from memory). It’s got one of the mini midlift axles and pulls a tipping trailer.

Paul

w.m.armstrongs have one on thier milk collection job was in truck and driver a few month back

If you search in the picture section there is a hino catergory with pics of tractors and rigids :wink:

steadymabo:
If you search in the picture section there is a hino catergory with pics of tractors and rigids :wink:

i did know they them in the eighties dut i didnt realised they did tractor versions of the newer style as id never seen
them