HIAB to the rescue!

Hi guys,

Just on my way home from work going through a little village. With a Scania low loader in front of me, and a Merc Sprinter van infront of him.

We round a corner and in front is a builders van parked in the road, with just a wheel on the curb. The Sprinter can’t get past and there’s no chance the low loader will.

After about 4 minutes of waiting and someone walking up and down the road to try find the owner of this Van, people are getting bored. Now this is a small village, and no houses around us so he can’t have gone in there, and nobody can see anything that looks like a building site so Low loader man decides to take action.

Guy on the low loader gets the Sprinter to move behind him so he can get up close to the van.
Grabs a load of chains from the back of his truck, gets the crane out, fixes it all up to the van, LIFTS THE VAN and moves it out of the road and half into the hedge next to the road, creating enough room for traffic to flow again.

I hope the guy who did that is reading this as sir, you are truly a legend.

YES I know there are probably several charges that could be made against the low loader driver but he got the traffic moving, and put a massive smile on a lot of peoples faces.

I only wish I could have hung round to see the look on the builders face when he returns to his van!

Alex

Should have put it on its roof.

I really despise selfish gits like that who park up and screw everyone else. Same with merc car owners who just have to park smack in the middle of two spaces at supermarkets, doctors car-parks etc.

I heard a story about a bloke with a big hiab who did something similar, only the vehicle ended up on the back of the lorry and off down the road. :wink:

Andyroo:
I heard a story about a bloke with a big hiab who did something similar, only the vehicle ended up on the back of the lorry and off down the road. :wink:

was thinking the same , he should have moved it the other side of the village lol

This builders van could have broken down. :question:

Fallmonk:

Andyroo:

was thinking the same , he should have moved it the other side of the village lol

Nah this bloke didn’t take it off again til he got back to his yard. I dunno if I believe it or not, but it’s a story I was told about somebody.

Never actually done it but the threat of similar action seems to work well with badly parked disabled drivers in some towns when i was working for Owens! :wink:

Funny how their disability enabled them to move quite rapidly once they saw the boom moving… good job no-one’s yet twigged that the threat’s an empty one because the crane can’t rotate through 360 degrees!! :laughing:

its a pity you cant shift that load of scrap in the background?

BIG MAC:
its a pity you cant shift that load of scrap in the background?

He IS shifting that load of scrap. :unamused:

He’s also picked up some garden to go with the scrap, cos someone didn’t think it was scrap, they thought it was sculpture. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I was actually waiting for the wide load ■■■■■■… … :wink:

When it failed to show I got my mate behind me to turn it 90 degrees… sorted! :laughing:

Scarab:
YES I know there are probably several charges that could be made against the low loader driver but he got the traffic moving,

Perhaps not as many as you would think. Going back to the mid-late sixties and the Aberfan disaster, following the arrival of the ‘ghouls’ a certain vehicle was left parked obstructing the major road access route. From memory, it was a brand new Rover 95, which nobody had the means to access. As a last resort, a four-pronged grab was used to lift it up by the roof and deposit it in the adjacent field. Thereby, effectively, making it a ‘write off’.

The Insurers sued the Force in question and lost.

Admittedly, the provisions of the Removals of Vehicles Act gives powers to Police Officers but there is nothing to prevent those powers being cascaded down to other persons ‘as agents’. Going back to the incident in question, providing no damage was caused, then I’d expect anyone wishing to complain would be told to ‘take a hike’. :wink:

As if often said, The Law is written in black and white, but operates in shades of grey.

And for anyone that has been following a series of articles in the Daily Mail this past week, then those ‘shades of grey’ have become greatly darker in recent years due to political interferrence.

i had a similar incident with a painter n decorator…

he had “parked” his van in such a manner that only a car could get through…

after checking out several houses, i found the culprit, he said the keys were in it…!!! i moved it alright and threw the keys in the back of the van … on reflection i wish i had thrown them down the drain

Logistics Loader:
i had a similar incident with a painter n decorator…

he had “parked” his van in such a manner that only a car could get through…

after checking out several houses, i found the culprit, he said the keys were in it…!!! i moved it alright and threw the keys in the back of the van … on reflection i wish i had thrown them down the drain

I’d have looked to see if the keys were in it before checking out several houses :wink:

One of the funniest things I have seen is a brand new range rover with opposite side windows smashed through and a fire hose running straight through the car because the firemen couldnt get past the car to get to the hydrant. :laughing:

kjw21:
One of the funniest things I have seen is a brand new range rover with opposite side windows smashed through and a fire hose running straight through the car because the firemen couldnt get past the car to get to the hydrant. :laughing:

On the M25 then? :wink: :laughing: