hiab operation

I’ve only passed my class 2 and class 1 this year and have had a chat with a potential employer and he wants me to go in and have a hands on with a class 2 hiab to see if its viable to employ me and pay for hiab and slingers courses. having never operated one was wondering if there are any helpful videos that could give me a little head start rather than jumping straight into the deep end!

have a root on you tube pal theres plenty on there n i doubt he will expect you to be perfect probably just wants to see if you have a talent for it good luck

+1 on the above poster. They will just want to see that you have an affinity and sympathy for the HIAB, not that you are an expert in it. Keep it simple, one lever at a time, and don’t go nuts until your sire you have the correct lever going the correct way…

Had the same scenario when I went for a timber haulage job , went in one Saturday was shown the trailer / crane setup he showed me what the levers /pedals did , and I had a play for 20 mins .
Guess I didn’t do too bad as I was offered a job , :unamused:

Im currently doing on the job hiab training. Passed my hiab test in January this year. Its harder than it looks. But very pleasing. When it goes right lol. Keep at it.