First HIAB Job Today

I got Lorry Loader (HIAB) work with Jewsons via the agency today.
I was probably the slowest crane operator on the planet but I still enjoyed it immensely. :smiley:
It was just the two drops, first one was mixed building materials for a rear house extension. Under the direction of the builder on site I squeezed the truck down the drive and parked up in front of the garage leaving just enough room to pick the load up one at a time and swing it into position between the back of the cab and the rear corner of the house so the first drop was quite a tricky challenge but I took my time and managed to off load everything safely, into the position requested and without causing any damage. :smiley:
The second drop was a bit more straight forward, timber for a new build, easy, just a tight reverse through the entrance gate the up and off.

Thanks to Steve at Tockwith Training, the training provided proved to be excellent when put into practice!

I have also got my first Class 1 work lined up for next week and ADR work still to try so lots of fresh challengers to look forward to.

Sounds good mate. I’m looking at doing hiab myself at some point and had my eye on tockwith as well. Don’t really fancy class 1 or ADR but want to make career in hiab. Were you using remote?

Nice one Micky! :smiley:

Sounds like you did it right mate, slow and safe with zero damage! That should keep the bosses happy as they have to accept that you’re not going to be quick as a Newbie…

Best of luck playing with your joysticks! :laughing:

JS8576:
Sounds good mate. I’m looking at doing hiab myself at some point and had my eye on tockwith as well. Don’t really fancy class 1 or ADR but want to make career in hiab. Were you using remote?

Yes it was remote, I am led to believe that most are these days. ALLMI is the most recognised qualification with the HIAB’s.

Evil8Beezle:
Nice one Micky! :smiley:

Sounds like you did it right mate, slow and safe with zero damage! That should keep the bosses happy as they have to accept that you’re not going to be quick as a Newbie…

Best of luck playing with your joysticks! :laughing:

Cheers :smiley:

With all the up/down, left/right control practice I have had I think I now stand a decent chance at the amusements, trying to hook a teddy with the claw. :laughing:

Did some work for Brakes today, they seem to be a well organised company, good pay - bloody hard work though!

I worked in warehouse for them once doing nights, a bit too cold in that freezer I started slurring my words. I heard ALLMI was best to go for. Those leavers on truck look a bit awkward I imagine much better with remote as I suppose you can position yourself so it’s more logical in relation to crane movement. Can’t wait to give that a go. Once you’ve done some ADR, class 1 and some more hiab I’d be interested to know what you prefer. Especially any negatives with the hiab work.

JS8576:
…Those leavers on truck look a bit awkward I imagine much better with remote as I suppose you can position yourself so it’s more logical in relation to crane movement. Can’t wait to give that a go. Once you’ve done some ADR, class 1 and some more hiab I’d be interested to know what you prefer. Especially any negatives with the hiab work.

Easier with the remote as like you say you can position yourself to see the lift/load better.

Glad to see you MickyB666 using the HIAB licence, I got some new yellow stabiliser pads for the HIAB training truck this friday - see picture with Steve posing! Very important to set up the crane for maximum stability, and these look the part.