just passed my class 2

Hi folks

passed my class 2 on friday , had 6 minors

is there much work for class 2 hiab drivers out there? as I ve been driving a 7.5 tonner with a hiab for the last 5 years

Andy

Well done with the pass.

As regards Class2 with HIAB in my region, (Wilts) they have plenty of work available. Guess each area has its needs.

Good luck.

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Welcome to trucknetuk Andydisco :smiley:

Andydisco:
Hi folks

passed my class 2 on friday , had 6 minors

is there much work for class 2 hiab drivers out there? as I ve been driving a 7.5 tonner with a hiab for the last 5 years

Andy

Might help if we knew the area in which you are looking for work.

Want to tell us about the training school you used and pass on any tips to other newbies :question:

Thanks chaps

I’m in Birmingham, if that helps,been told by a guy who lives up the road from me just that Manpower are on the lookout for class 2 hiab drivers ,must give them a call tommorrow

Rog

I went to A1 training group in Saltley,Birmingham. they use ERF’s with the eaton twin splitter gearbox.

I had a 7 day course even though on the assement drive they told me a 5 day would be enough,glad i had the extra 2 days as getting used to the splitter gearbox was a nightmare.
But I got there in the end, think I was still in 7.5 tonner 5 speed box mode for the first 2 days,

this helped me I must of looked a right idiot if anyone saw me through my front window,and the wife thought I’d gone mad but I got a length of wooden doweling and taped a small cardboard flap on it and practised using the splitter and it seemed to help

Andydisco:
this helped me I must of looked a right idiot if anyone saw me through my front window,and the wife thought I’d gone mad but I got a length of wooden doweling and taped a small cardboard flap on it and practised using the splitter and it seemed to help

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done on passing!

Well Done!!
How does it feel to be a ‘real’ trucker

Mothertrucker:
Well Done!!
How does it feel to be a ‘real’ trucker[/quote

thanks

i’ll let you know how it feels tommorrow just as I was finishing this afternoon my transport manager and the MD dragged me into the office and annouced that a hire truck arrives tommorow to see if a class 2 is more productive , I’m currently driving for a smallish building contractor and up until now if we’ve had to move anything bigger than a 2.5 tonne load weve used outside contractors

so from tommorrow for a fortnight I’ll be driving a MAN TGA flat with a hiab

enjoy it :laughing: :laughing:

The agency that im with have asked me to go and get my hiab certificate and then they could find me more work, however that was before today :cry:

well done mate :smiley:

CONGRATULATIONS
IMHO, you’ve got 2 very good tickets there mate :smiley:

Remember that Cat “C” vehicles have 2 or 3 or 4 axles, and that HIABs can have a variety of attachments. :wink:
I honestly don’t think you’ll struggle to find work.
Good luck, and please keep us posted…maybe a diary?? :wink:

Well Done

CONGRATULATIONS

well done mate. :sunglasses:

thanks chaps and chapesses

enjoying driving something a lot bigger

gave Manpower a ring this afternoon and I’m off for an interview tommorrow afternoon, as they reckon they have plenty of class 2 hiab work and they pay £8.50 an hour, which is £2 an hour more than my current job