hi viz problem

reading a few post about these hi viz,s i see them as a good thing (even i don,t like wearing mine) but they are there for a reason to been seen i have been to lot,s of rdc,s building sites were they have to wear them. let,s put it another way out of driving would anybody see a push bike in the dark if he had no light,s and a hi viz (i think so )there there to be seen every one no bright colour,s catch human eye :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I never really notice if people have them on or not, I reckon I see people or right either way.

Is it about time lerge hi vis were made for trucks as some people dont see them coming?..

Who is it iโ€™ve seen about with a furescent orange livery on their units? Iโ€™ve seen a few of them.
I seem to remember it was a bit like the Dyno rod vans paint work!

B&Q?

Nah, โ€˜WAYโ€™ brighter than that! The colour was enough to make you heave!

I have a feeling it was a continental operator. Working in Dover i saw a few of em.

I know the ones you mean, Iโ€™ve seen them on the M40 (they were just leaving Dover :sunglasses: :sunglasses: ) German operator I think.

Certainly stand out

Calv

jammymutt:
Is it about time lerge hi vis were made for trucks as some people dont see them coming?..

:laughing: :laughing: Very true Alex :exclamation: :confused:

Calv:
I know the ones you mean, Iโ€™ve seen them on the M40 (they were just leaving Dover :sunglasses: :sunglasses: ) German operator I think.

Certainly stand out

Calv

Yes come to think of it, they were german i think.

No chance of not seeing them coming!

dennisw1 Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:56 pm Post subject:

Calv wrote:
I know the ones you mean, Iโ€™ve seen them on the M40 (they were just leaving Dover ) German operator I think

dennisw1 Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:03

Nah, โ€˜WAYโ€™ brighter than that! The colour was enough to make you heave!

I have a feeling it was a continental operator.

dennisw1 Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:52 pm Post subject:

Who is it iโ€™ve seen about with a furescent orange livery on their units? Iโ€™ve seen a few of them.
I seem to remember it was a bit like the Dyno rod vans paint work!

THEY ARE NOT GERMANโ€ฆ YOU ARE THINKING OF A FIRM CALLED (FORGIVE THE SPELLING) AGENTVAULT (OR SOMETHING SIMILAR) BUT DEFINATLY SPANISH, THEY GOT FRIDGE TRAILERS AND MOSTLY M.A.N UNITS, BUT NOT THE T.G.A
I expect truckboy knows em all personally

โ€œAGENTVAULTโ€

Thatโ€™s them!

the trouble with hi viz clothing is that everyone has to wear them, from petrol pump attendants to coppers, from lollipop ladies to lorry drivers. Even the cleaners in macdonalds wear them inside the restaurant

I came through Derby today and there is a garage advertising these hand car wash services.

I think they are a cash source for all the local drug users.

But even these kids are all wearing hi viz clothing, its only water they are using.