They were wearing Hi Viz vests but

Visited a site yesterday & as I was waiting I saw what had to be the ultimate in H & S gone mad.
About 10 guy’s all wearing Safety boots, hi viz vests & those cute little hats. But all piling into a 2 seater pick up truck & heading off onto the road. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: (7 sitting in the back :blush: )
I later discovered that it was over to Asda on a food run.
But don’t worry I did get forced into wearing a vest as “It’s site rules”. No comment was forth coming on if they coincided this to be more important than common sense, road safety & the law. But I did ask & pointed out how pathetic I felt site management were in bullying me into wearing a vest but allowing them to break the law.
Kind of makes you proud to be British when safety is taken this seriously don’t it :question: :question:

You may laugh at high vis vests but the workers at RDCs are so institutionalised that they cannot see people anymore, they can only see high vis vests. Their brains are too ineffective to be able to recognise humans. This is why you must wear one.
Also I was run over by a forklift and my high vis vest just made the forklift bounce off, like a superhero’s cape.
RDC drivers have to wear theirs while driving so their lorries are visible on the road.
I hope you now understand the importance.

:frowning: They’re all up their own ■■■. Must be dark up there. :imp:

what is the problem some people have about wearing hi vis vests?doesnt bother me in the slighest.

I was in a place in Gourock today and this lad was walking around the warehouse.The supervisior say’s to himself ( loudly) what’s he doing walking around without his hi-viz on :question: .So off he goes and talk’s to the lad.As he was coming back up i noticed that he’s running about with trainer’s on( not steel toe cap’s),so i said why are you so bothered about him not wearing a hi-viz when your wearing trainer’s :question: .He said it’s company policy :laughing: :laughing: .yeah gone wrong by the sound’s of thing’s. :laughing:

Hows about this then

A certain company where i load everyday have a H&S policy of hi viz and steelies which isnt a problem, BUT the dock leveler which i use to load and unload has a broken switch so there is an 8 foot long metal pole at the side of the door which i have to short out in the switch in the top of the door to get the leveler to rise up :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

simon

You wouldn’t get ME touching That Simon.
I’d rather give HSE a call first.

peter cherry:
what is the problem some people have about wearing hi vis vests?doesnt bother me in the slighest.

Nor me, but that’s probably because I’m new to driving so have always had to wear them. I do agree with the original post though.

Dratsabasti:
You wouldn’t get ME touching That Simon.
I’d rather give HSE a call first.

Not even with an 8 foot pole? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: