Hi Paul

Just looking through the list of newly registered members I see that Safespeed has joined us.

At least, I presume it’s Paul Smith. :smiley:

There is often a degree of commonality between matters raised on his forums and subjects discussed on TNUK, so I can foresee some lively debate.

Just keep it civil folks. :laughing:

hello safe speed … :question: :question: :question: :question: who are you. :question: :question: :question: :question:

jessicas dad:
hello safe speed … :question: :question: :question: :question: who are you. :question: :question: :question: :question:

I think you need to broaden your horizons. :smiley:

safespeed.org.uk/forum/

Krankee:

jessicas dad:

I think you need to broaden your horizons. :smiley:

safespeed.org.uk/forum/

thank you krankee conside them broadened ive saved it in my favorites for a look later. :wink:

Paul “Safespeed” Smith, is a man who has effectively dedicated himself to fight against the dreadful road safety system we now have in place.
One thing he doesn’t do, as has been forcefully suggested by his many opponents, is encourage speeding, in fact the opposite, he advocates the use of Safe Speed.
Taking inot account the motor vehicle, the driver and their knowledge and experience, the road, the road conditions, and the fact that before scameras, we had the safest roads in europe, post scamera, we don’t.
He would like to see the re-introduction of properly trained traffic plods, in greater numbers, that will have a huge impact of road safety.
We have got into the mindset of measuring road safety in numbers of mph, and watching our speedos instead of the road.

do please visit his website, and enjoy, he is a motorist, and just like us, he wants safer roads.

And as another point, at least one scamera pratnership rep, declined the invatation to appear on radio against him, for fear of being proven wrong.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Unfortunately I won’t have time to read these forums regularly because I’m absolutely flat out trying to get road safety restored to the common sense and evidence based system we had before speed camera madness took hold. I do this work full time, only supported by donations and memberships via the 350,000 word Safe Speed web site: safespeed.org.uk

We also have a busy forum system at:
safespeed.org.uk/forum/index.php

Most of the work these days is in dealing with press and media. You can find Safe Speed press releases here: safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

A problem that especially affects you guys is unecessary enforcement of the HGV 40mph single carriageway national speed limit. There is no safety case whatsoever for enforcing this limit (which we call HGV40 for short) on trunk routes, yet many have lost their licences on the basis of nothing more than bad information, bad law and greed. It’s a problem that requires a full time national co-ordinator, but the RHA and the FTA are pretty sleepy and I don’t have the resources to hire one. If anyone wants to help please get in touch. email: psmith@safespeed.org.uk