Hi everyone, my first post!

Hi there, I’m restoring a 1970 Dodge K-Series 6-wheel tipper, it is quite well sorted but I need shock absorber bushes (front) and king pins. The 28 ton tractor unit of the time would propably have had the same front axle. Anyone any ideas?
Thanks lads.

HEY DODGEKT900

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

CHEERS
GAZ

Hiya op on board another friend. SO wheres the photo?? Any condition will do.Theres a chap nr Ashbourne doing a Dodge he ownes Summers transport
I do’nt know his number but I’ll try for it. Was your Dodge with another (Scammell) lorry on E bay it was pale blue. I think Castle Cary truck yard??
Dodge this is your man 01335 300115. hes a good chap.
John

Hi Dodge KT900, nice to have you on the forum, those Dodge pics seem to be harder to find than most so get yours on once you’ve sorted out how to do them, I’m looking forward to see it. How did you come to find a KT900 tipper in good condition after all this time, I’ve always liked the unusual styling of the 500 series. I heard Ghia (of Lamborghini fame) designed it, and at one time Unipower or someone made a few fibreglass cabs for them and the Ford D series that never really took off, unless they were only used for the fire brigades ?

Hi

The pale blue dodge which was on ebay if my memory serves me correct was owned by Martin Atkins of Castle Carey and had a V8 540 perkins in her.Martin has since sold it I think.

I bought his Dodge six wheeler tractor unit off him with a V8 perkins 540 in (what a sound!),as my grandfather had a 4 wheeler K series tipper with a 6354 perkins so i take it round the south wales shows in his memory.

Like me Martin is a Dodge fan and he is a mine of information and the photos he has of old K series trucks is mind boggling.

Good luck with the resto, we have to keep this truck marque alive

Ian