Photo/Info Request - ERF 4 wheel tipper

Hi all,

I want to ask if anyone on here has photos or information about an old ERF (B or C series) 4 wheel tipper that used to work in the quary’s of Leicestershire up untill recently. She was an owner driver truck (from new?) and carried a green or brown with yellow stripe livery. I have a feeling it was simular to the old Tarmac livery, but I am sure it was not that livery.

Any helpwould be great. See if the old gal is still on the road.

Thanks

Andy

Hello Geezah, i know the ERF your on about. It is a C series, converted from a tractor unit and powered by a Gardner 6LXCT-230. it was new to United Biscuits i think, or someone like that and has been featured in Truck & Driver in the past. I think he’s sold it, i seem to recal it being for sale in a vintage mag not so long back. The livery was indeed Tarmac, one of their many!!. The bloke who owns it actually had meant to replace this vehicle some years back, buying an H reg ERF E12 with Gardner 6LXDT-290 engjne, another tractor unit, it was new to Hovis. But not long after buying it he found out that it was the last Gardner engined ERF to be built, so carried on with the C series and had the E12 restored and it now can be seen on the rally circuit wearing a smart blue livery of Partner Roadways, ( think thats the name of the bloke who owns both vehicles) Hope thats of some help :smiley: