Tipcon-Harrogate

Tipcon Harrogate.Does anyone have photos of the tipper convention,I have come across some for 1975 did they have them yearly.Saw a pic with Butlers tipper on from someone posting under the name E>R>F> not sure if this was a scania cant tell from the angle of the photo.Any pics or info would be appreciated.Thanks paul.

No pics Paul but when I worked for Tilcon they had trucks on show at Tipcon. I fetched a few back to our quarry from either the show itself or from one of our depots, including North Riding Garages who were part of the Tilling Group at that time. That would be early 1980’s.

Pete.

Some Fodens at Harrogate 1977

A couple from Tip Con 1979 transportphotos.com
5986095108_716729a1be.jpg
5986095220_1e3008deec.jpg
JS16339.jpg
JS16346.jpg

Companies can only dream of the payloads in the 1977 pic nowadays, the Tilcon Foden would also carry 20 tonnes with an insulated body running at 30.50 tonnes gross! :wink: The Foden Lightweight six wheeler at the front would have no luxuries, and a company driver would probably loathe the thing, but it would have made money for the operator! Great pics.

Pete.

Some photos of Tipcon 83,I think.

Lunch at the Swan

Who is that old chap third from left?

malmic:
Who is that old chap third from left?

You bloody know.Anyway have a little respect for your elders.I can say that now as I don’t have to try and sell anything to you

Tony

While you were selling all those bread vans i bought a constructor 1988 i think

malmic:

Well nobody’s perfect as I’m sure you found out.Your dad didn’t do too badly out if the bread vans.No bad lorries but some a bit better than others depending who had them.Anyway the chaps in the picture seemed pleased enough but before you can say anything.If you had bought the right motor you could have been with them.Perhaps you were trying to making enough money to keep your motor working
Anyway you need something reliable to bring fresh bread for your snap .

Thanks for the pics guys.A couple of not very good pics of the red Butlers tipper body that I copied from the net,can’t make out the model from these.
5145255449_0223391212_m.jpg
5145255521_ba61c035bb_m.jpg

rastone:

malmic:

Well nobody’s perfect as I’m sure you found out.Your dad didn’t do too badly out if the bread vans.No bad lorries but some a bit better than others depending who had them.Anyway the chaps in the picture seemed pleased enough but before you can say anything.If you had bought the right motor you could have been with them.Perhaps you were trying to making enough money to keep your motor working

The Cargos were ok Tony I had one for a couple of years good payload but not the most comfortable. Dads era was more the D1000’s

malmic:

rastone:

malmic:

The Cargos were ok Tony I had one for a couple of years good payload but not the most comfortable. Dads era was more the D1000’s

Yes he did and one with a ■■■■■■■■■ think you should ask Gavin about that,but I think we are getting off the subject

Take no notice Tony, Mick loves his Cargos really! :laughing: Anyway back on track then!! I feel that I should know some of the faces in that photo Tony, though I reckon that they are mostly (or all) Buxton area lads. The one on the left, is that Steve Collins, and Bob Woolley on the right with the beard?

Pete.

An’ I’m sure the chap on your left, Tony, is Alan (Fluff) Freeman - ‘All right, Pop Pickers’ for those old enough to remember!

Of course, I could be wrong…

Steve

(Sent from my laptop using fingers)

Ste46:
An’ I’m sure the chap on your left, Tony, is Alan (Fluff) Freeman - ‘All right, Pop Pickers’ for those old enough to remember!

Steve

l.R. Steve Collins,David Harrison, Tervor Stowe from Iveco Ford,Bob,Malcom Hadfield and Robert Hadfield

Tony

Ste46:

Steve

l.R. Steve Collins,David Harrison, Trevor Stowe from Iveco Ford,Bob,Malcom Hadfield and Robert Hadfield

Tony

A few more for you Paul

Thanks for those hereford 1971.
I can’t remember if this was Tipcon.