hi everybody

Hi’yall

Ive got my test next week (class 1) so i thought id join and say hi!
Im 21 from sutton coldfield by birmingham, been a bus driver for the last 3 years for travel west midlands driving single and double deckers (mostly double).
Decided to get Class 2 & 1 after being attacked by a couple of Somalian passengers, went through that pathway company - i know its got a lot of bad press on here but they’ve done me the business so far so good :smiley:

Anyways, i was just wondering how you go about working for one of the larger supermarkets? i live right oppposite a major asda outlet and have heard their lgv1 drivers are well looked after.

Does anybody know of any good places to start looking for class1 work in Birmingham?

Thanks everybody!! Tommy

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome tommyk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: Hi tommyk, WELCOME.:grimacing:

I’d say that a driving agency is probably your best way to go.
I’d also say that, since you’ve already driven largish vehicles, you’ll probably not struggle too much when it comes to looking for work after your test. :smiley:

Have you thought about doing a little agency work at weekends to ease you into the freight side of things?

Don’t mean to sound negative but I don’t think supermarkets tend to take on people without at least 2 years experience.

As said above - agency is probably the best way to go in the short term. The experience I got doing agency has meant that I have more experience than some of the drivers who have been doing it a lot longer than I have!

Good luck next week

Keep looking in the local papers for driving jobs. Look for ada that may say 20 drivers wanted for temp to perm work whithin a blue chip company .This type of add will be an agency looking for drivers for distribution companies such as asda tescos or similar also register with some agencies directly GOOD LUCK MATE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

hi everyone!
thanks for all your replies and help :smiley:
I’ll get signed up with agencies then and see where i end up, any work is good for someone as skint as i am lol!
tommy