Hooray,i passed my class 2,,now what,

hello all,im a newee at 45yrs old,never thought id say that at my age,been a long & expensive journey,but all done now,now im on a new journey,in Gloucester where I live,& that’s actually trying to find work,needles in haystacks spring to mind,trying to dodge all the agency ghost ads,about this job & that job,which don’t exist,you know the ones,jobs advertised just to ■■■■ you into there office to sign up,looking for employer jobs these days is like looking for rocking horse crap though,ive found,any ideas anybody,ive done the cv library etc route,just to be phoned up by agencies,from such handy places as cleethorps milford haven, :smiley: yes really handy for gloster then,still nice being on here,any help advice or ideas folks,andy

:smiley: :smiley:

Well done and good luck looking for job.

Well done Buddy ! Good luck with your hunt for a job

congrates ! When did you pass ? have you had trouble finding work round gloucester area ? who did you train with ? have you chatted with driver hire in glos city centre ?

iv not used them so cant speak from personnal expirance but i hear there one of the better agencys if you draw a blank on finding direct employment.

I heard there is a frozen food delivery company on tewkesbury busness park just off m5 that always seem to be looking for drivers. think there mainly 7.5 tonn but there do have some class 2’s aswell i think.

money proberly is’nt great and its proberly not the best kind of work but it could be a good starting place to get the foot in the door with expirance.

Congragulations on passing no easy task as we get older lol , i just past mine in june and got a job on the mixers about a week later although i think i spend more time in reverse than forward lol its expierence thats all i need atm , just got to keep knocking on doors .Will be getting busy now coming to xmas i guess , good time to get foot in somewhere . Be prepared to advance to a competent driver pretty quickly as traffic and operators take no prisoners lol , you will make mistakes but shrug it off and learn from it . Hey good luck with job .

Good luck, I’m hopefully going to be in the same situation as you soon.

Any who, these might be worth a look.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118093&p=1823040&hilit=keyway#p1823040

glosjobs.co.uk/manual-trades … /gj307079/

glosjobs.co.uk/manual-trades … /gj301950/

It also migh the worth having a look at a youtube channel called The Hairy Trucker (youtube.com/channel/UCB3irM … hdc9-9eHSg) he’s based in Gloucester so might be a good person to ask.

Well done :smiley: Could you do your Class 1? More in the way of opportunities then :slight_smile:

THANKYOU,ALL,for your wishes etc,was offered a job with a transport firm in glos until they knew how long I had my licence,(about 2/3mths now),it wasn’t them but there insurance company,needed to hold a licence for a year before working with them,the chap on phone didn’t seem to know much about CPC either,according to him there was a cut off date of sept 9th,lol,he had a fax saying so from somebody,well I can tell you that is total rubbish,i started mine on the 4th sept,& last module was on the 29 sept,got my DQC card last Tuesday,so if anybody here has heard that,it is total rubbish,i did all my driving/CPC with Paul Williams at moreton valance,I will ring chillway in Tewkesbury just to find out abit more,& phone some others aswell,ive also put an ad on here aswell,im trying my best to avoid agencies though,andy