Hello again and HELP!

Hi all, it’s been quite a while since I was on here but I have finally taken the plunge and got some ‘digs’ (that’s a room for anyone not old enough to know that term) in the midlands area in between Coventry and Leicester. It took a lot longer to get my french house in order and pluck up the courage to leave my wife behind, it’s the first time we have been apart in 25 years! :cry: Anyway, I’m here to work, don’t care about building a social life here I have a great one back home, so I will do any work, any hours,don’t mind commuting up to 2 hours, even any wage to get me started. I passed my cat C in Nov. 11 and am now trying to find work for the first time. I know it’s tough out there for “virgins” and I have read on here the advice re. trying with agencies (who are mostly scumbags apparently), touting around tm’s in person and not by phone, not letting all the knockbacks get you down ect. but the HELP I referred to in the subject header was more specific. do any of you know of any agencies or full time/part time jobs or companies who might give a brand new newbie a start even fairly remotely near this area. I don’t mind a really long commute as I am only fixed to these digs for 1 month and am free to move elsewhere after that. Please help if you can, I’m not going to sign on so I need to get money coming in a.s.a.p. Thanks all, it’s good to be back in touch and now I’m going to start reading all your posts and see how things are doing with the people that I’ve had chats with before, but I had to get this post out first.
all the very best to you all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Rich

Hey There.

Im going to see someone on Tuesday who takes new class 2 as long as there clean so after i check them out i will let you know, there not far from you and me.

Madguy :imp:

Thanks Madguy, I should be out all day looking for work tomorrow but will check for any message from you when I get in. Very best of luck mate. Rich

Hi mate.

Sent you a PM with some info on, let me know how you get on…may see you there sometime if all goes well

Hi again mad mate, thanks for the reply but sorry to say no sign of any personal message, don’t know where that went! Maybe you could send it again. Good luck out there.

Hi Mate.

Tried to email you and PM you but dont know if its coming through.

Drop me an email madguy@icqmail.com

If you’ve got HIAB you could try Manpower in Lutterworth, or even just some of the companies on that big industrial estate off the A5 near Lutterworth.

Then again, this is the busy time for HIAB work anyway, so good luck :wink:

Hi Saratoga, Thanks for the advice but I don’t have HIAB. cat C only and a total virgin, gotta earn some money before I get any more qualifications but I will try that estate in Lutterworth.
All the best
Rich

There are agencies you can try that could probably help. A bunch in Coventry, Driverhire is in Nuneaton and you might get on well with trying some agencies in Leicester too.

Good Luck :wink:

taylors at mansfield think tm is called pete :smiley:

Hi Saratoga, I trawled round Lutterworth this morning. hoped I might get a Monday morning start but no luck.I’ve already signed up with five agencies and had no luck with another nine agencies (2 yrs. exp/C+E only/ not there anymore, etc.). Do you; or anybody else reading this: know the name of agencies that will take virgin class C’s. It’s a slow process for me as I am trying to do it all face to face, not by phone, in the hope that they will take me more seriously.
All the best
Rich

danj:
taylors at mansfield think tm is called pete :smiley:

Give Pete a call they will take you on tell him you want to do tramping you should earn between £400-£600 if you do the hours + every other Saturday.