Hi all

Excellent site,have learned much already from browsing through.
I’ve been driving rigids for 13 yrs or so (wife & I operated a couple of trucks- business now sold)but have only been driving artics regularly since summer-hence at the tender age of 40 am at bottom rung of learning ladder.
Started with agency work first day being given old Scanny 113 which was basically the same cab as i was used to ,with easy run to build confidence.Following day was thrown keys to ,54 plate spacecab-cue nervous laughter & cold sweat.Decided I needed someone to talk me through cab as it was so different to anything I’d previously seen,but once I’d found my way around gearbox it was a pleasure to drive (big blindspot though as you guys may know).Have since had variety of motors.
Hope I’m learning from my mistakes- managed to back under trailer pin & smack wind kit against headboard once-even though I stood at side of trailer and checked, 'course what I hadn’t done was lift trailer up,& recently when driving I-shift for first time I twice moved selector from reverse back to neutral when parking without first applying handbrake,not something I’ve done before ever.
All things considered ,fear/panic/terror is subsiding week by week.I hope soon to go a week without getting lost,and maybe even reverse onto a bay in less than 3 shunts.

Welcome to Trucknet, removalist, enjoy!! :laughing:

Hi removalist welcome to TruckNet UK :smiley:

Welcome to Tnet removalist :sunglasses: let the fun comence! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome to TN m8,

Thanks everyone :