HGV Training Nationwide

Hi,
I’m new to the site, I just wanted to know if any of you guys could provide me with some information with regards a training broker that i stupidly booked with and now they seem to have gone to ground. The company in question are HGV Training Nationwide and their address is St John’s House, St John’s Square, London, EC1V 4JL. The info I have is that they have changed their number, I’d be grateful for ANY help…

JUST AN UPDATE AND TO CLARIFY THE SITUATION, I HAVE HAD MY CLASS 2 AND CLASS 1 TRAINGING WITH HGV TRAINING NATIONWIDE, IT WAS JUST A CPC I WAS WAITING ON. I HAVE SPOKEN TO HGV TRAINING NATIONWIDE TODAY AND CAN CONFIRM ONCE I’VE PASSED MY THEORY CPC THEY WILL GET ME BOOKED FOR MY PRACTICAL CPC.

Need more info, a limited company number would be good or a VAT number, a directors name even. Only thing I can find is an ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) adjudication.

It looks as if they maybe trading under that name but (if they bothered to register) use another for VAT and/or company registration.

The address give (here and in the adjudication) is for serviced offices.

EDIT: even the phone numbers may help :wink:

sorry to hear that, but, unfortunately, it sounds like you can kiss your money goodbye

i do however have a question, why did you book with a broker and not a driving school in the first place?

The address is an office services company , not sure how that affects things though !

I’ll move this to the newbies forum as there are a lot of trainers in there who know more about it than I do :wink:

Denis F:
The address is an office services company , not sure how that affects things though !

I’ll move this to the newbies forum as there are a lot of trainers in there who know more about it than I do :wink:

I’m not sure about their advertising but I’m sure anyone that isn’t a broker would need room for at least a truck.

EDIT: There are serviced offices available but after a bit more digging, more likely the address given was for a virtual office/mailing address only.

@the OP

If you paid by card get in touch with your card provider immediately. you may be able to claw some brass back. There is a wealth of info on this site regarding brokers.

Looks like it’s these guys…
hgvtraining.webnode.com/

That maybe not from that Add?
Sah that few Day ago in jobcentre+ computer,but wasn’t on internet.
That Add were copied posted but everythime for another City/Town
totaljobs.com/jobsearch/jobd … d=52485448
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=80732

The company website is http://www.hgvtrainingnationwide.info but the domain owner’s details are protected by whoisguard so they don’t intend to be found easily.

Best bet is, as mentioned, your card-holder to try & get your money back, and then report them to Trading Standards.

One doesn’t use a broker to get the supermarket shopping in, and one doesn’t get one in to arrange a LGV course either. You look for the actual training school with their own (ground) site with some liveried trucks on it, thus assuring yourself that it is a legit and actually existing outfit and not just some conman who looks like they have fleeced you out of however many grand they “charge” nowdays for a course that including test fee can be done 2 weeks & test for less than a grand…

Sorry bud, it looks like ‘Acme Logistics Training’ has split with the cash. :frowning:

dar1976:
Looks like it’s these guys…
hgvtraining.webnode.com/

Now even more affordable !?We have now included even more benefits to make this the best value LGV ‘C+E’ course available anywhere. If you actually get to go on a course!

£999.00

What is Included

Free Trial Drive (presumably they’ll need a lorry for this - where’s it based?)
5 days LGV ‘C+E’ Course (Doesn’t it take 10 - and that’s one on one?)
DSA ‘C+E’ Test Fee (Does DSA and DVLA know this firm is taking money from the public in their name? - Ask them!)
1 Free Retest Training day (Could be a ‘free gold bar’, if they have no intention of delivering it!)

Training Location
We have over 45 Locations Nationwide (Like where?)

Booking & Payment Details
You pay a deposit of £199.00 to book a course. (Non-Refundable if you get warned off!) This can be done by contacting our booking centre on 0871 234 4252. (Mickey Mouse phone number costs nothing to set up, could be ‘behind the bike sheds’ for all you know!)

Read more: hgvtraining.webnode.com/arctic-course-price/
(A Website is not proof of existance. A physical yard with physical trucks visible when you can physically visit it, along with names & addresses of people that work there if you please - or would you consider giving a grand to a total stranger over a website that isn’t even a co.uk webaddress?)

Where it says powered by web node click on that, botton right and you get this
webnode.com/ homemade free DIY website creator.

Scam-Alert-Swindle-Rip-Off-Cash-Hijack1.jpg

roadrunner:
Where it says powered by web node click on that, botton right and you get this
webnode.com/ homemade free DIY website creator.

If you look at the contact email address, that shows the ‘hgvtrainingnationwide.info’ which could have cost them as much as £2.99 to buy!. Also, check out the number of companies at the mailing address & I lost count after 50! - one hell of a big office, with their trucks as well… :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Just an update and to clarify the situation I have had my class 2 and class 1 training with HGV Training Nationwide, it was just a CPC I was waiting on. I have spoken to HGV Training Nationwide today and can confirm that once i’ve passed my theory CPC they will get me booked for my practical CPC.