help!!

Good morning all!

Hope you are well, so due to unforseen circumstances I’m coming out of the military… I’ve decided I want to give HGV driving a go, I’ve researched it and despite the CPC training and the long hours, I still love driving and it looks like the job for me!

My issue is I don’t have any experience in actual driving although I work in Logistics, also finding a training provider seems like a minefield! Who will provide high quality training for a total newbie to become a competent driver, tacho savvy and cpc q’d? Any help or advice would be great! Cheers, dave.

Question would have to be where are you and where would you be prepared to travel to for training?

Davey

First of all please give a general idea of your location, it helps us to guide you to what companies are local to you…once you’ve got a few listed, give them a call, go and see whats on offer… as for cost the cheapest isn’t always the best and neither is the most expensive…Dont fall into the trap of a training company offering to get you work afterwards as this is sometimes used as a ploy to get you to sign up to there training…Plus deal direct with the training company avoid these so called agents …

If your leaving the armed forces and you’ve done time ( few years ) dont they have some form of re-training / re-settlement fund to assist you get a job in civie street… if you dont know then ask… if the forces are prepared to pay for it, let em…

Morning guys,

That’s good info, as far as re-training I think there is some help provided, I’m going to resettle in hants, in the southampton/winchester/Portsmouth area, I did contact easy as hgv but after reading reviews they are one of the dreaded ‘brokers’! Thanks again! Dave.

My neck of the woods then! :smiley:

There are a few trainers in and around the Botley area, as that’s where the test centre is!
I’ve personally not used them, as I chose a residential course with the forum sponsor, and would again…
But if that’s not an option for you, I hear that ByPass training is OK, and I did my ADR with them. Nice guys! :smiley:
Also another member on here Ash 001 did his training with a local firm.
Try sending him a PM, he’ll respond when he can, and have a look at his training blogs (bottom of page)

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=126664

Best of luck pal and let me know when you want an agency recommendation (as well as ones to avoid! :laughing:)