Training Companies

Hi all

I am looking to retrain to be a HGV driver and am thinking of using a training company called - The HGV Training Centre (www.hgvtraining.co.uk) has anyone used them?

I live in Essex and have also been recommended Robinsons?

I would be grateful for any advice as do not want to waste my money.

Thanks
Matt

They are a broker

Make sure you read all the stickies near the top of this forum before doing anything

No brainer. Go to John @ Flair Training, Chelmsford.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The HGV Training Centre is a HGV training broker, that means they don’t train anyone themselves they take your money and book your training with a proper training company, in other words you have no say in which training company you end up training with.
Most people on this board will advise you to avoid HGV training brokers and go straight to a training company, it’s cheaper and you get to decide for yourself who you train with.

It may help people to help you if you could say roughly which part of Essex you’re in, no need to be too specific about it if you don’t want to.

Your best bet is to get a few recommendations if possible then book assessment drives with two or three trainers so you can meet the trainers and see how you get on with them, they’ll also be able to advise you about how much training you’re likely to need.
I believe most training companies give free assessments so it won’t cost you anything but will be good experience of what’s to come.

Welcome to Trucknet-UK and good luck with the training :wink:

I’d recommend Robinson’s as I passed with them last month first time. John was a great trainer.

+1 to John @ Flair Training based in Chelmsford.

Call local training schools like Flair and Robinsons and arrange an assessment drive with them - then decide

Brokers will not do assessment drives as that would let you know who they are going to farm you out to once they have all your money

Many schools do free assessments

Peter Smythe:
No brainer. Go to John @ Flair Training, Chelmsford.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

• another 1

You won’t regret it.

Paul :smiley:

+me! Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend John @ Flair Training to anyone, passed both my C and C+E with him.

Thanks so much for all your advice, I live in Rayleigh. I’ll give Flair and Robinsons a call.

The HGV Training Centre failed to mention they are a broker so I’m glad I checked on here.

Cheers all

if your Rayleigh way you could consider RSM in Basildon. A colleague of mine used them this year and passed C / C+E / D all first go.q

Could anyone recommend a good training center in or near Wigan?

TheTrogFather:
Could anyone recommend a good training center in or near Wigan?

Pauls LGV - link to them contained within the link in my signature below as well as many others in that area

“The HGV Training Centre (www.hgvtraining.co.uk) has anyone used them?”

Avoid this company like the plague. I am one of the unfortunate ones with them. Lorry driving is something I have always wanted to do and this seemed good. I have a test booked this month and have been told I will get refresher training the day before but have not heard anything. Phoned up today to be told the guy dealing with it is not in. I waited a month for my second attempt and another month for this third attempt.

I have no issues with the company I am getting the training from but the month wait - waiting so long makes it more difficult.

Again avoid like the plague. They are just sales people.

dingdong:
“The HGV Training Centre (hgvtraining.co.uk) has anyone used them?”

Avoid this company like the plague. I am one of the unfortunate ones with them. Lorry driving is something I have always wanted to do and this seemed good. I have a test booked this month and have been told I will get refresher training the day before but have not heard anything. Phoned up today to be told the guy dealing with it is not in. I waited a month for my second attempt and another month for this third attempt.

I have no issues with the company I am getting the training from but the month wait - waiting so long makes it more difficult.

Again avoid like the plague. They are just sales people.

Why did you not blow off hgvtraining after the first fail ?

I had “pass protection”. I’ll see how my third attempt goes and I have every intention on passing at the end of this month.

I’m off to vote.

I cant believe all these brokers are still going , we need one of these computer hackers that can go in on the sites that advertise the sharks and as soon as they click on them would be directed here so they could be warned against them :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Sounds like a good idea to me Jennie. I had a golden retreiver by that name but spelt Jenny :unamused:

The industry is unregulated, so until the government does something about it these brokers will just go around taking money off people who get pulled in by their sales technique. So many sad stories, you do feel for them. :cry:

dingdong:
Sounds like a good idea to me Jennie. I had a golden retriever by that name but spelt Jenny :unamused:

I do hope your not calling me a dog :wink: but hey I’ve been called worse pmsl :smiley: ■■