Help !

Well finaly managed to get an offer of some agency work on class 1 after recently passing my class1 but it will most likley be pulling a fridge trailer was wondering if any one can tell me anything about there use imm asuming the temperatures would be on the paper work as i know some trailers have 2 compartments but i have never used one so any pointers would be greatfully recieved thanks

If your agency, it will in all probability already set up. If your talking supermarket RDC work, all you need do is find the trailer, hook up and go.

enit?:
If your agency, it will in all probability already set up. If your talking supermarket RDC work, all you need do is find the trailer, hook up and go.

ignore him mate, its still the driver responsibility to check the temp of the load cos who is gonna get the blame if you get to teh rdc and they refuse it if its frozen and its not meant to be or vice versa.

i could go into telling you how to run fridges and set temperatures but there are too many variations. any paperwork you get for fridges will have the temp on it but always ALWAYS verbally check the temp with them then look at your fridge, if you are running two compartments the number 1 is always the front and is normally the lower of the two. most pallets will have a temp on the label so open the back and have a look. if the compartments are the wrong way round point it out before you leave the yard. and if youre not 100% sure get someone from the office to check it.

we had a lad doing agency with me who didnt check his load and froze 6 pallets of runner beans that got refused, total cost was about £21k so just check, check and check again.

fridges are easy once you have done it a few times so dont worry too much and enjoy it. :laughing:

:unamused:

think fridge’s have to be easist going :laughing:

worst thing about freezer’s are listening to them banging away when you pulled over or when back door’s freeze themself shut .

used to do some runs out of dover down to del monte in south kirby with bannana’s atleast with those kind of runs can turn the thing off .

just make sure load is secure as i find with a lot of these freezer places they cant load for crap :slight_smile:

there pretty idiot proof even better if you can get on a bay

Don’t forget to open the doors before you back on the bay :smiley:

I wouldn’t worry,bjd,the DC should induct you on your first visit. This is the norm at ASDA anyway.
And you should be given some instruction. It’s very easy, you’ll pick it up in a few minutes.
If you are not inducted properly, most drivers will be eager to help you along. Don’t be afraid to ask.
It’s easy work and you ill enjoy it. Good luck. :wink:

dont sound anything to hard cheers fellas thxs for your advice

Its ok making sure the temp is rite bot DONT forget the fridge wont run on fresh air check the fuel tank regular these normally run on red diesel.

bjd:
Well finaly managed to get an offer of some agency work on class 1 after recently passing my class1 but it will most likley be pulling a fridge trailer was wondering if any one can tell me anything about there use imm asuming the temperatures would be on the paper work as i know some trailers have 2 compartments but i have never used one so any pointers would be greatfully recieved thanks

And just one more thing if you do nights or very early starts and if you stop in services or truckstops for your break please please switch your fridge off cause your dont want to go upsetting drivers at 2am :laughing: :laughing:

There are one or two holes through which a new dude could fall if the company gets upset, so you’re doing right to ask.

Top Tip? I covered myself by emailing the agency suggesting that one or two pointers of training wouldn’t go amiss (and detailed the vague areas of concern). Since I heard naff-all in reply, it shall remain my umbrella of support should I ever louse-up: I have obviously kept the email record - though what use it could be with a boot-print on my arse is anyone’s guess.