Fridge work

Hi guys just after pickin somones brains got my first artic job on sunday havin past 2 months ago done some wag-drag and plenty class2 multi :unamused: . just wonderd if anyone had any tips on fridge work cheers

Hi Paul

I work on fridge trailers they are easy enough. The main thing you need to be concerned with is what the correct temp is for the product you are carrying. If you are unsure in any way ASK mate before you set off because the load is spoiled and will be refused if its been transported at the wrong temp and you will have one â– â– â– â– â– â–  off T-Manger if this happens. Apart from that you can have a box trailer, i.e one fridge in it or a split trailer, one fridge at the front and one at the back with a door in the middle. If this is the case you are normally carrying fresh frozen stuff together, remember to set the fridges the right way around! Also on the split trailer switch number 1, relates to the front fridge 2 to the back one. Seem obvious but Ive had lots of people ask me which way around before now. They can be tempremental things too and the main pain in the arse with them is the alarms which have to be reset as they wont start unless this is done. Before you set off make sure the trailer has enough red derv in it and I usually pre chill or crack up my fridge before I set off too even if its empty to my destination because if they is a problem I can not sort out I can either change the trailer or get a call out on one, usually three hours before the spanners arrive though!! :cry:

Hope this helps some. :slight_smile:

thanks mattcolin good info :laughing: cheers for the info much appreciated mate :sunglasses: very helpfull

hi there when checking red diesel for trailer look into the tank as the gauge is not that good on most trailers and make sure the trailer doors are sealed had fun and take your time its better to be late then in a ditch.

will do thanks skydiver your a gent