Help with route and stopovers please!

I have to take a rigid from Huyton, Liverpool to Coventry, then to Daventry and then back home. Also I have been told to take night out stuff with me in case I hit my hours limit. What is the best route to take as my route finder says I should take the M6 toll. How much is it for a 3 axle rigid? Should I ask about toll payments from the company or the agency? Assuming it takes an hour to tip at each drop how long will the journey take me? Many thanks for your help!

Warren T. Claim:
I have to take a rigid from Huyton, Liverpool to Coventry, then to Daventry and then back home. Also I have been told to take night out stuff with me in case I hit my hours limit. What is the best route to take as my route finder says I should take the M6 toll. How much is it for a 3 axle rigid? Should I ask about toll payments from the company or the agency? Assuming it takes an hour to tip at each drop how long will the journey take me? Many thanks for your help!

Hi, I’d certainly be asking the company policy on whether you take the M6 Toll.
There are companies that appreciate the savings in time that the M6 Toll can offer at certain times of the day, but there are also companies who wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole.

Since companies’ views on the M6 Toll are so polarised, I’d say it’s a really good idea for you to ask. :smiley:

I’d have thought that Huyton-Coventry-Daventry-Huyton is achievable within the allowed drivers’ hours, but I’d also say that you should follow the instructions about your night-out gear that you were given, just in case there’s something about that particular job (eg. lots of handball or waiting time) that they haven’t mentioned.

Good luck with it mate. :smiley:

Thanks Dave. I will be leaving about 9:30am. How much time and mileage does the m6 toll cut out? Bearing in mind I will be using it twice.

Warren T. Claim:
Thanks Dave. I will be leaving about 9:30am. How much time and mileage does the m6 toll cut out? Bearing in mind I will be using it twice.

I don’t think the mileage saving is that much but the time and fuel saving could be - depends EXACTLY what the situation is on the main M6 at the time you must make the choice.

I would say that the total driving time for the whole day is unlikely to exceed 8 hours.

Coventry to Daventry route will depend on where you are leaving from in Cov - near M6 or near A45 :question:

Leaving at 0930 will mean that you miss the am rush but going back north you are likely to hit the pm rush.

Alternative route from Dav to Huy - M1 to J23A/24 A50 across to M6

PS - plenty of laybys on A50 if need to overnight but others may have better ideas

Warren T. Claim:

Have to agree with ROG there mate, but please don’t forget to ask the company for their view of the toll charge.

If the company refuse to pay the tolls, the questions you’re asking won’t be relevant to that particular job. :smiley: