Looking for advice

Leaving Northampton on sun morning heading for the ferry in Holyhead looking for the best route driving a car.Was told to go m1,m6,m56,a55 Thanks john

johnharry:
Leaving Northampton on sun morning heading for the ferry in Holyhead looking for the best route driving a car.Was told to go m1,m6,m56,a55 Thanks john

Hi johnharry, That sounds about right mate… :smiley:

At the time that you’re setting off, I’d give the M6 toll a miss and you’ll save yourself some cash. :wink:

Bon voyage. :smiley:

That would be my choice of route

Thanks Dave, Rog . if its good enough for you That will do me Again thanks

or a nice scenic route with a good cafe en route (midway truckstop) is m1 m6 m54 a41 a55.

Another route depending on the time of day is.

M1.M6.M54.A5 through Shrewsbury to Oswestry and then the A483 to Chester, where you meet the A55.
Most of which is dual carriageway,except for about 15 miles. Much nearer than staying on the M6/M56
and a more reliable journey cos you avoid the queues around J16/17/18 & 19 on the M6

Or if you really like a scenic route, follow the A5 through Llangollen, Corwen, Bethesda, through to Bangor.

Need to be on the 10 25am ferry, so not much time for sight seeing thanks guys for all the replies

I would say it would be quicker to cut the corner by transiting Nantwich at the very least. I personally would go via the M54 and A5, whatever vehicle, whatever day or time.

Just a thought…
The A41is closed north of Newport until the end of October.

It seems like m1,m6,m54,a5 a483 a55 is a good route at that time Sunday morning To everyone that replied THANKS