Best route ???????

Hi all,
Those who have read my post ‘job start next week’ will know i have accepted the job night trunking from Caernarfon to coalville :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: but i was wonderin what u think would be the best route to take. I was thinking A55,M56,M6,A500,A50 then M1 but some people iv’e spoke to say to cut across from the A55 through Nantwich to the M6 :confused: :confused: :confused: Well what do you think :question: :question:

Scan

IMHO its a case of swings and roundabouts really on both routes. The milage is further on the M56 way, but as for time there is not alot in it.

All down to personal choice

See what www.shellgeostar.com have to say.

Vince

Yeah. Dunno where you’re cutting off the 55 from. Be careful if it’s the Mold end as there’s a a low 13’s bridge along there somewhere - I had to make a right-old diversion up over the horse-shoe pass and down into Llangollen to avoid it :open_mouth: . If you’re coming from 'narfon I’d say nip down the 5 and through Snowdonia - the scenery will more than make up for it. Pull your map out and where the 5 comes to a roundabout and turns south towards Shrewsbury you kinda go straight on and take some random A-roads to cut across to the 6 then across the 50.

Me map’s in the van so can’t really visualize at the mo.

55 and the 56 is a hell of a long drag from 'narvon to the 6. I wouldn’t do it meself. I’d go down the 5.

Cheers.

Rob i see what you’re sayin cos the other night i went with their regular driver and their base is in overton near wrexham so i went along the A5 through llangollen,then their driver took us along the roads towards the M6 but there was a lot of roundabouts and i was thinkin that until i get a bit of experience maybe the 56 then 6 would be an easier route to tackle and maybe quicker cos they are bigger better roads :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rob K:
If you’re coming from 'narfon I’d say nip down the 5 and through Snowdonia - the scenery will more than make up for it.

As nice as Snowdonia is I would say the scenery while doing a night trunk, at this time of year, won’t be up to much. :wink: :smiley:

Rob K:
If you’re coming from 'narfon I’d say nip down the 5 and through Snowdonia - the scenery will more than make up for it.

And

scantheman:
Those who have read my post ‘job start next week’ will know i have accepted the job night trunking

Hope he’s got plenty of spotlights on the top of the cab :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

SNAP Wiretwister. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

I can see the steam from here! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing:

Coffeeholic:
SNAP Wiretwister. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Great minds. :blush: :blush:

TC:
I can see the steam from here! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing:

Have you got your kettle on, Eric :question: :confused: