Bristol- Holyhead

Im looking for advice on the best way to get an artic from bristol to Holyhead so i thought i would ask the pros :smiley:
I have done it in a van and i went m5 m54 then the A5 which is a bit tight in places so i was thinking would it be best to go up the M6 then M56 and then along the A55?

From the M54 take the A41, I think it’s junction 3, up past Whitchurch to the A55 at Chester or continue along the M54 to the end, then the A5 past Shrewsbury and Oswestry, then the A483 past Wrexham to the A55. Those are the two routes I use going to Holyhead and there isn’t much in it. If I have plenty of time and it’s a decent day I sometimes use the A5 all the way as it is a nice drive but takes longer than the other two.

total madness:
Im looking for advice on the best way to get an artic from bristol to Holyhead so i thought i would ask the pros
I have done it in a van and i went m5 m54 then the A5 which is a bit tight in places so i was thinking would it be best to go up the M6 then M56 and then along the A55?
HIYA…spot on go round the motorway i live nr Queensferry and the A41 is a no go nowadays 40 mph and don’t go over.
it has the advantage of 2 cafe’s at whitchurch but thats it.on the A41 they have a crafty radar under the tarmac with no warning
(they got me)so nobody speeds along there any more and theres only one small bit of twin track and loads of tractors and combind harvesters to slow you down…Queensferry to Bedminster 4 hours 20mins plus 1 hour 40 to Holyhead thats at 38 ton.(FL10)
I live at the side of the A55 give me a toot as you pass HA HA every one else dose.

Thanks guys, ill give ya a toot John :smiley: