Route advice please - Bury St Eds to Bridgend

I’m due in Bridgend at 8am tomorrow, picking lorry up from just outside Bury St Eds. Having looked on Google maps, its given me 2 choices, up to Birmingham then down M5, or down to M25 and M4. Just looking for opinions on which is the best route to take?
Also, drop is at 8am, so was going to leave at 2.30am ish, google and sat nav is saying just over 4hrs, so taking into account its been routed for a car, I’m guessing 5.5hrs would be ample time?

So, over to you…

I suppose you should really ask the boss. He might tell you to avoid the toll or might tell you to use it.

I doubt there will be an awful lot in it time wise either route. 5:30 hours should be enough.
Where are you tipping in Bridgend?

Best route from Bury St Eds; has got to be A14, M11, M25, M4 you should be across the Severn and into South Wales before morning rush hour traffic and still be able to have had a 45min break if needed.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Avoid Birmingham route,that is too long.As Davepenn as said is best.
At night it can get busy with the double decker pallet fleets.It is cheaper to pay for the bridge over the River Severn than fanny about with low bridges on the A48 to Chepstow.It is twisty in some places too.Take it easy stop for a Costa at Reading Msa.
If on the M25 there is Cobham Msa open all night for food.It is only a few miles off route past Heathrow and follow the signs.

A14,M6/M42,M5,M50,A40/449,M4.
About 5 hours towing my caravan, so you should a bit quicker.

The man in charge has spoken, and advised to go A14, M42, M5 and A449.

I’m going to Hermes, Horsefair Road,

I live in bury st eds and the man in charge is right as far as i am concerned thats the vway i would go