Help needed blown 12v supply

i think i may have blown the fuse on the 12volt supply in my man tga, anyone know what fuse it is or could it be something else, i had laptop plugged in charging whilst i was driving and the connectors got really hot :frowning:

There is usually a list of fuses somewhere inside the fuse box. Failing that either call MAN and ask them or start pulling fuses to check them, the 12V supply will often be a 10 amp fuse so start with them.

As well as checking the fuse, also check the trip switches (can be reset with a pen nib) :slight_smile:

Common fault with the TGA.

Just started with a company and was given an 07 plate TGA. My 12v din socket melted two din plugs in sequence leaving me no entertainment for the night.

Was told by TM she is going in for service on Friday (rented unit) and asked if they could look at this fault, TM told me that the whole fleet of them have done same and rental company says abuse! No free repair. The auto sparkies I spoke to said that I definitely didn’t overload it!

I have compromised and bought a 24v dropper (8amp) which goes in the TGA cig lighter, I have then attached a four way splitter to run small things, fm transmitter, ipod charger, cool box and sat nav. When I want to plug inverter in for laptop, I do that seperately.

I picked the 24v dropper up from Wetherby services on the A1 for £20.

Its not right that I had to do it but saves argument

fuse box in a man
top row
20-7.5-25-10-10-10 the 25 is the 12v
middle
7.5-7.5-15-10-25-10 the 15 is the 24v
bottom
20-7.5-10-7.5-10-15-15 the first 10 is for the cig lighter
in the man you have the cig lighter then the two halla sockets one is 12v and the other is 24v hope that helps you

On your diagram it looks a bit like a 2 pronged fork with a circle in the middle, it’s on the group of fuses to the left of the main C.E panel.

Got the same problem with the unit I’m in for the night, where’s the fusebox (haven’t looked yet but thought I’d save some time). 56plate tga.

darkseeker:
Got the same problem with the unit I’m in for the night, where’s the fusebox (haven’t looked yet but thought I’d save some time). 56plate tga.

passenger side dash lifts up, voila

you may not find faulty fuses as in the MAN it has a dropper for 12v that trips but you have to remove two fuses to reset it we had this fault due to phones but I don’t drive one off our MAN’S so don’t know which fuses so don’t know why I have butted in but you could ring MAN to ask

Thankyou very much :smiley: was just a blown fuse and meant I could have a hot drink this morning, If I’m honest - and to my shame as an ex-mechanic, I’d’ve given up before even thinking of removeing that part of the dash :blush:

Funny thing is though, I’ve heard the usual driver of that unit complain a few times that it doesn’t work :unamused: same guy had my unit last night, after all the cleaning, tidying and fixing I’ve done in there the twonk goes and chucks his rubbish behind the passenger seat - says it all really :frowning:

al owen:
As well as checking the fuse, also check the trip switches (can be reset with a pen nib) :slight_smile:

What and where are the trip switches?