Fuse

Morning all im in an M A N fir my sins and the fuse blew as I overliaded it now when I replace it it instantley blows again any idears ? Thxs

Which fuse?

Generally the fuse blowing straight away is due to a dead short. Can you turn off whatever it supplies and do without until the workshop can take a look?

Which fuse did you blow and what did you have plugged in ?
P/s better a MAN than a IVECO [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pluged a kettle in 24v but I think irs 12v socket its the cig lighter fuse next to the ashtray

bjd:
Pluged a kettle in 24v but I think irs 12v socket its the cig lighter fuse next to the ashtray

Might have melted the socket or the wiring to it. If you’re really unlucky you may have fried the wiring up to the fuse box. If you don’t know what you’re doing let someone who does do it and whatever you do don’t just keep sticking in larger fuses until it works because you’ll then definitely screw the wiring and could even set the truck on fire.

deny everything and defect it saying your phone charger wont work or you wont know where to do your motorway changeover as your satnav cant get plugged in.

If its a MAN then it’ll almost certainly have hella sockets rather than std cig ones (from every one I’ve seen), but not sure what amp rating they have.

24v vs 12v wont make a difference to the socket, but kettles do pull high amp levels so could have melted socket wiring at back. In tjeiry it should ha e blown the fuse first, but doesn’t always happen.

When you say it keeps blowing, is this just when you replace the fuse and turn the ignition on without anything in the socket?

trevHCS:
If its a MAN then it’ll almost certainly have hella sockets rather than std cig ones (from every one I’ve seen), but not sure what amp rating they have.

24v vs 12v wont make a difference to the socket, but kettles do pull high amp levels so could have melted socket wiring at back. In tjeiry it should ha e blown the fuse first, but doesn’t always happen.

When you say it keeps blowing, is this just when you replace the fuse and turn the ignition on without anything in the socket?

Yeh when you turn ignition on with nothing pluged in

dieseldog999:
deny everything and defect it saying your phone charger wont work or you wont know where to do your motorway changeover as your satnav cant get plugged in.

Transport will hand him a paper thing with some lines on it in different colours.

Whats it called again…

Oh yeah a map. Thats what proper truckers used to use.

cgscott:

dieseldog999:

Transport will hand him a paper thing with some lines on it in different colours.

Whats it called again…

ZZZZZZZZZZXZZZ That old chestnut been drivng 35 years done the box of map thing but in those days you could pull over and check the map these days you would be nicked for parking or worse still looking at a map when driving which is where sat nav comes in usefull with a dose of common sence thrown in of course

bjd:

cgscott:

dieseldog999:

Whats it called again…

ZZZZZZZZZZXZZZ That old chestnut been drivng 35 years done the box of map thing but in those days you could pull over and check the map these days you would be nicked for parking or worse still looking at a map when driving which is where sat nav comes in usefull with a dose of common sence thrown in of course

Takes 2 minutes to plan and memorise a route unless your truding multidrop around a city centre. Even at that a quick swatch at a book before you set from one destination should do good. Ive met drivers when you ask them to point north they spin round in cirlces. They cant do this. So generally stick to using ■■■■ nav.

cgscott:
Takes 2 minutes to plan and memorise a route unless your truding multidrop around a city centre. Even at that a quick swatch at a book before you set from one destination should do good. Ive met drivers when you ask them to point north they spin round in cirlces. They cant do this. So generally stick to using [zb] nav.

Couldn’t even do that to places I’d not been to before satnavs came into being unless it wasn’t too far from a major road, especially in somewhere like Leeds where your route would span several pages of the A to Z.

Things are much much better today. You can just put in the name of the business and the town to Google Maps and it’ll take you to the door, no more driving down Geldered Road in Leeds for 5 miles pottering along at 20MPH trying to find the business you’re going to wondering exactly which one of the several “20 Geldered Road” on that one street you wanted. Once I got a delivery address by the shipping company of “Company name” Batley back in the days before Satnav. Took a few petrol stations before I found someone who knew where it was and it turned out I’d gone the worst way in. Today? Bang the company name and town into Google and get directions to the door.

Sod going back to the old way of doing it, leafing through a well worn A to Z pulled out the big box of out of date maps in the passenger footwell you spent £100s on which didn’t even cover that much of the country outside of major urban areas as you try to steer a 53ft long 44 tonne lorry through a busy city.