Hello

Thought i’d say hello.
My dad used to be a lorry driver, both working for firms and an owner driver, I can remember going up and down the country with him in old lorries with one wiper and no heaters!

He has driven a few different lorries, DAF, ERF,FODEN, ATTKINSON, etc etc.
Some of the firms he worked for are, beasleys?, JR transport, and a few others in the london area.
I’m getting a scanner for chrismas so will post some photos when ive worked out how to use it :smiley:
My dad’s retired now and he spends his time mucking about with classic cars and military vehciles.
His name’s danny gedge in case some of you know him.

Thats me above.

My dad in the middle.

Welcome to the site Rambo.

You ought to get your dad to look in as well,as I’m sure he’d like to read some of the stories and see some of the old pictures.

Ken.

Paddock wood at the Hop Farm eh?

Into the old Landies myself, Series 3 1972, not military though…

Welcome Rambo, I’m the miserable old git :open_mouth: My first vehicle (and the one I took my test on) was a 1956 Land Rover 86 inch, it was a soft top, painted white, no windows other than a windscreen, brakes didnt work, petrol tank under the drivers seat (and that leaked), no seat adjustment, no padding in seat. Paid £50 with new mot, dont expect its around now, reg was XKO 120. Kept it for a couple of years, never again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiger.

welcome to the madhouse mate. hope you enjoy your stay :smiley: