A Day Out With Dad

Not sure if anyone on here would be interested as I gather some of you don’t venture onto the Professional drivers bit for whatever reason. So I thought if any of you were interested in reading a bit of a diary that may get your memories working for when you went with your dads in the lorry.

Here you go. Thank you if you do decide to venture over and take a look.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Interesting read Jonny, I used to go with my old fella whenever I could for years, no doubt why I ended up a truck driver. Last year I decided to try early retirement after 43 years in transport but recently got a bit bored, so as of Monday I started doing a bit of part-time for a well known North East haulier, heres a bad photo (by your standards!) of what I was driving for three days this week.

Cracking post that and by my standards thats a great pic!!! No matter how bad you think a pic maybe. someone will think it’s a great pic and I think it’s a great pic :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A shame it wern’t NJ08 OCG as that was the truck my dad had when he was tramping with prestons before he had his opp. It’s a great pic that mate. Can only say really, there’s no experience like being with your dad on a day out in the lorry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Glad you enjoyed it mate :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Hi jonny i like your camera work you should try and take photos of different parts of the vehicle ie the trailer load hook ,but blown up and at different angles.you could post them on here if it allowed and test us poor waggon drivers on things we use ever day , should be interesting cheers bob

Thank you mate!! And I never thought about that!! Sounds like a fantastic idea!! I at least know for next time round!! I’ll be sure to get a few pictures of more than just the truck etc!! :smiley: :smiley: Glad you liked the read mate :grimacing:

Cheers