Old picture of me Dad

bump

twin splitter:
my dad on his way to italy, mid 70s

Looks like Jeanettes on the French/Swiss border on the wqy to the Blanc?

as said before a good thread … lets try and get this one goin again… not got many of my Dad with the wagon so heres one of him outside our house with his mate Phil Turner, Im guessing they’d just popped in for a brew as there in the works Land Rover and we normally didnt see them from Sunday dinner till Friday night

14.jpg

Cracking thread peeps keep em coming :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am the dad in the shot with the Atki Mk2. Taken in 1973, the little girl is the mother of the tot in the second shot, which was taken after The Tyne Tees run in June last year.
The ERF is the same vintage as the Atki. I was involved in the restoration of the ERF in the 90s. regards Kevmac47

Brilliant thread. Nice to see all the older lorries. I’m a bit too young to remember some of these on the roads, they were probably obsolete by then.

By the way, that photo with the Landrover - whats the deal with the roof? Looks a bit different to the normal type.

BanburyDan:
Brilliant thread. Nice to see all the older lorries. I’m a bit too young to remember some of these on the roads, they were probably obsolete by then.

By the way, that photo with the Landrover - whats the deal with the roof? Looks a bit different to the normal type.

Can t say as I noticed Im the diddy one at the drivers door, couldnt see the roof, but see what you mean it looks blown out.

Sepo:

BanburyDan:

Can t say as I noticed Im the diddy one at the drivers door, couldnt see the roof, but see what you mean it looks blown out.

At first glance I thought it was a ragtop, but the sides are deffo metal. Maybe it was a kind of headboard like older lorries used to have? Maybe similar to this but more subtle -

Then again maybe not. Perhaps just some kind of “thing” over the top of the cab?

Posted somewhere else on the forum but here’s the old man again.
Taken in 1959 when the Morris was 2 years old.

adr:
Great idea for a thread, here’s 2 of my Dad. The black & white was taken in 1966 outside our house in Wood Farm, Oxford, dad was driving for Hawthorn’s of Newport Sth Wales doing South Wales-Oxford night-trunk, I am the one dad is holding I was aged 2, the other boy is 1 of my 3 older brothers, this pic was taken a couple of months before dad went on Mobil as the 2nd pic shows, where he stayed for 20+ years until he retired, this TM was the last new wagon he had before retirement, with a E290 ■■■■■■■ in her & didn’t she fly!!!

Hi Chris. He was one of the best, as ive said before when we were on BRS together i have these photos in my pile and the one of his big Albion also ,below----toshboy

my dad next to his brand new mastiff
my dad ,me ,and my eldest at shepton mallet about 10 yrs ago

Just looking through some old photos and found this

.Must be from the late sixties.He past away thirty one years ago

Stan:
Just looking through some old photos and found this 0.Must be from the late sixties.He past away thirty one years ago

A good picture Stan.That looks like a Guy Warrior that he’s driving.
Cheers Dave.

Think it was as i remember it had an jndians head on the rad cap cover

Stan:
Think it was as i remember it had an jndians head on the rad cap cover

Definitely a Warrior Stan with the Indian head.
Cheers Dave.

A nice picture is that mate. Something to remember the old man by.

What a great photo,this could be the start of a great thread.Many of us are trying to recall our memories of dad
and his lorries.I for one have trawled many magazines,books,etc trying to find photos of the many lorries my dad
drove in his forty odd years as a lorry driver.All my school holidays were spent riding in the cab with him.I was only
six when i rode to london with him in an old thornycroft.I am now in my later 50,s and drive hundreds of different
lorries,for a scannia dealer.Trucks of today are brilliant but do not have the sentimental value, as my dad never
had the chance to drive one. Perhaps more members would like to post photos of their dads lorries.

Great idea for a thread, here’s 2 of my Dad. The black & white was taken in 1966 outside our house in Wood Farm, Oxford, dad was driving for Hawthorn’s of Newport Sth Wales doing South Wales-Oxford night-trunk, I am the one dad is holding I was aged 2, the other boy is 1 of my 3 older brothers, this pic was taken a couple of months before dad went on Mobil as the 2nd pic shows, where he stayed for 20+ years until he retired, this TM was the last new wagon he had before retirement, with a E290 ■■■■■■■ in her & didn’t she fly!!!

My old chap & me. Neither of us look quite as young anymore.
This was taken about 45 years ago.

What a good idea for a thread, I went with my old man at every given opportunity for years, (50’s/60’s/70’s). When he retired in 1976 he came with me on the odd occasion. Heres a picture of the old poser taken around 1964 when he was working for British Oxygen at a LDOY competition, he worked for BOC until retirement. It also reminds me I owe him a lot.