Old picture of me Dad

My Dad taken when he was driving a Dodge 4 wheel tipper for Egerton Transplant Ltd from Dukinfield Cheshire.Sadly he passed away soon after this was taken having suffered an heart attack aged 57yrs.But the memories of going out with him every saturday morning and school holidays remain with me for ever, :slight_smile: great days and a great idea for a thread.

He never had a Park Drive out of his mouth :laughing: and he used to b—ock me for smoking :confused:

Heres one of dad with his dodge 1950s

Here he is with his E.R.F on a sunday morning after he had checked his vehicle and load notes were ready for an early start monday.

Can’t really see dad very clearly in this pic’, but I can see him as clear as if I was looking across the cab at him, as I did 1000s of times over the years watching everything he did trying to learn, even down to him bowling along with a full load of petrol on steering with his left knee rolling his next ■■■!!! Hasn’t got his cap on here, but he’s got his boiler-suit on with his scarf round his neck as always when it was a bit nippy. Strangely I still remember taking this pic even though it was 35+ yrs ago, the Mobil garage is in Vastern Road, Reading we had just tipped & it looks like Dad was doing his log-book ready to go! Aren’t memories & nostalgia wonderful things!

my dad on his way to italy, mid 70s

Heres one of my old felle Mick Seppman, he use to tell me hed chop my fingers off if he ever caught me drivin a lorry. I think he loved it really.

1.jpg

My dad taken in Dove Holes (Taylor Frith’s quarry) about 1961, he told me it was the driver of the machine behind who took the photo. He was trying out his camera on wagons he was loading that day, I wonder what other old wagons he took that day from around Buxton.
Stanfield’s dad and mine worked together at Tommy Lamb’s, thanks for telling me about this thread mate it’s a good one.

pic of dad & my sister with his Perkins p6 kew dodge – alan

dad just before he retired f12 Volvo in bsc livery then when I got it in Rotherham eng.steel livery – a Terry gamston pic --alan

Not a very good photo of the old man , my boss use to let him park in are yard at Baxter Healthcare on the Grange in Warrington , Not sure if hes just come home or about to leave. I think this is the only one of him and the truck taken around 1988 two yrs later had a massive heart attack so that was the end of driving nothing to do with all them duty -free cigs he was eating (i mean smoking) the wife and i think poss between 60-80 a day never one out of his mouth when he was driving

Warr Baxters 88.jpg

What a smashing thread. I cant add to it as I lost my dad during his HGV test, so he never got to drive one in anger, he sold a lot but the mechanics had to deliver them to the end user.

I had his briefcase with all the old photos of customers new vehicles in front of the workshops, but they have sadly gone missing over the years.

Majestic Garages in Goole were the Leyland dealer for the area, although he did sell a few other types to his own customers