Heard a belting rumour today!

Not heard this one before, is it new?

Stobarts own ECM car transporters:D

Discuss

bugcos:
Not heard this one before, is it new?

Stobarts own ECM car transporters:D

Discuss

It is because they own Carlisle :laughing: I think you can get Stobart Digestives too

I did hear they wanted to take over the fire service at one time

fuse:
I did hear they wanted to take over the fire service at one time

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fuse, Fuse, you reallly gotta get over this hang up you have with Eddie Stobart and Firefighters!!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Rumour control as I have heard on the Brigades` grapevine is that Eddie will offer any FF with the appropriate licence a part-time, no questions asked (hours, WTD, etc) driving job to help them top up their rather low salaries!!

Only part time though!!!..dont want to take any work away from the full time drivers!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dont know how true it is though…HONESTLY!!! :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink:

no they definatley dont,just another myth.

Funny that, i seen 4 transpoters going into their crick depot the other night, they had Ford on them, has he taken them over aswell?

Wheel Nut:
I think you can get Stobart Digestives too

Yes you can - sold at most major supermarkets (recommend the chocolate/orange flavour) :wink:

Rick B:

Wheel Nut:

Yes you can - sold at most major supermarkets (recommend the chocolate/orange flavour) :wink:

prefere the choc/mint meself like :stuck_out_tongue:

theyve boughtout a lot of stuff up here in carlisle and renamed them to:-

• stobfire
  • stobmedic
  • stobdoc
  • stobcop
  • stobteach
  • stobbinman
  • stobpost

what an empire!!

Sugar Ray:
Funny that, i seen 4 transpoters going into their crick depot the other night, they had Ford on them, has he taken them over aswell?

They have some kind of deal with ford now. The transporters come into crick all night and swap cars about in our top yard.

JB:

Sugar Ray:

They have some kind of deal with ford now. The transporters come into crick all night and swap cars about in our top yard.

no they dont.ecm arent even the recognised carrier for ford.that will be ford transport(formally ansa) who have the sole contract to move fords.ecm will be doing a "subbie"load.ford do not deal direct with ecm,so i doubt very much that a general haulier would be doing deals with ford,if a recognised industry carrier doesnt?.
interesting why they need to swap cars about in your yard as well…when ecm have a depot in nearby coventry.i will put my henchman to work on that one. :laughing:

buck rogers:

JB:

Sugar Ray:

no they dont.ecm arent even the recognised carrier for ford.that will be ford transport(formally ansa) who have the sole contract to move fords.ecm will be doing a "subbie"load.ford do not deal direct with ecm,so i doubt very much that a general haulier would be doing deals with ford,if a recognised industry carrier doesnt?.
interesting why they need to swap cars about in your yard as well…when ecm have a depot in nearby coventry.i will put my henchman to work on that one. :laughing:

I never mentioned ecm. And i can bet you a million pounds that ford come into the yard at crick every night and swap cars around. I dont ■■■■■■■■ i have no reason to.

eventually they mite buy ecm, stobs new location at the airport is right next to ecm yard, afterall stobs want a piece of the pie in evey transport division going, so ecm would be a good starting point for them and with the state that ecm were in over the last 2 years i guess ecm would accept an offer from them. :exclamation: :question:

JB:

buck rogers:

JB:

Sugar Ray:

I never mentioned ecm. And i can bet you a million pounds that ford come into the yard at crick every night and swap cars around. I dont [zb] i have no reason to.

ahh,well as this post was about ecm/stobbies and you failed to mention in your post who you were specifically on about,i suppose confusion will surface.

chappy261:
eventually they mite buy ecm, stobs new location at the airport is right next to ecm yard, afterall stobs want a piece of the pie in evey transport division going, so ecm would be a good starting point for them and with the state that ecm were in over the last 2 years i guess ecm would accept an offer from them. :exclamation: :question:

what a load of utter tosh!,what state exactly have ecm been in for the last two years exactly?,is that because they are ranked 50th in the british business tables for the last year,or the fact they are the largest,and as likely as not the most streamlined,biggest profit making/employing transporter company in the uk at the moment.incidentally the yard at carlisle is possibly the smallest yard ecm have,and does not really have any bearing on the rest of their uk business other than the fact that is their headquarters,which can easily be relocated.
i also smile at the fact people think stobbies can swan into what is essentially a closed shop industry with recognised players and just start getting contracts to shift cars.there is a lot more to it,including political hurdles,know how,trusted names,and contracts to consider.
with that said,due to the specific industry pressures over the last 5-10 years a lot of big names have disappeared out of the industry,some altogether,some just changed their name,and there is a huge lack of choice with regard to trying to get a job as a driver with a DECENT firm.a few new big names,would bring more job choice,in what is a volatile business at the minute.

My apologies if it wasnt clear.
FORD transporters come into EDDIE STOBARTS crick depot every evening with FORD cars on and load/unload cars and vans. (which leads me to believe ford have done some kind of deal with a general haulier?..)
I was merely replying to a post stating he`d seen transporters coming into the yard.

chappy261:

Rick B:

Wheel Nut:

prefere the choc/mint meself like :stuck_out_tongue:

theyve boughtout a lot of stuff up here in carlisle and renamed them to:-

• stobfire
  • stobmedic
  • stobdoc
  • stobcop
  • stobteach
  • stobbinman
  • stobpost

what an empire!!

Stobbit now, its just not funny :blush:

buck rogers:

JB:

buck rogers:

JB:

Sugar Ray:

I never mentioned ecm. And i can bet you a million pounds that ford come into the yard at crick every night and swap cars around. I dont [zb] i have no reason to.

ahh,well as this post was about ecm/stobbies and you failed to mention in your post who you were specifically on about,i suppose confusion will surface.

chappy261:

what a load of utter tosh!,what state exactly have ecm been in for the last two years exactly?,is that because they are ranked 50th in the british business tables for the last year,or the fact they are the largest,and as likely as not the most streamlined,biggest profit making/employing transporter company in the uk at the moment.incidentally the yard at carlisle is possibly the smallest yard ecm have,and does not really have any bearing on the rest of their uk business other than the fact that is their headquarters,which can easily be relocated.
i also smile at the fact people think stobbies can swan into what is essentially a closed shop industry with recognised players and just start getting contracts to shift cars.there is a lot more to it,including political hurdles,know how,trusted names,and contracts to consider.
with that said,due to the specific industry pressures over the last 5-10 years a lot of big names have disappeared out of the industry,some altogether,some just changed their name,and there is a huge lack of choice with regard to trying to get a job as a driver with a DECENT firm.a few new big names,would bring more job choice,in what is a volatile business at the minute.

well…aprt from members of my family losing jobs there, 80% of thir trucks parks up on the unused runway at carlisle airport and sat there for a very long time, so they cant be doing that well!!

all this talk of stobart is moving.
im changing my name to a girls one,i want to see it on the front of one of his trucks. :smiley: :smiley:

There is probably a perfectly simple explanation for it but I doubt this will be it :laughing:

Stobart are bringing oranges from Spain into Dagenham on the train, there isn’t enough room to trans-ship the cars or park the transporters, so Bill and Andy have done a deal with Henry so they can use a corner of the Crick yard. ECM also use it because their own yard in Coventry is not big enough to swing a cat, plus they all ■■■■ in the same pot in ■■■■■■■■ To prove this, Malcolm Wilson runs the Ford rally team and his lad drives the Stobart Ford. I know it is true cos I heard it in an RDC from an ECM driver pulling a fridge loaded with empty chep pallets. :open_mouth:

From what i can gather some of your points are not far off malc :laughing:
The fruit does go into a railhead at dagenham hence a bit of “you scratch my back i`ll scratch yours” with the cars
The empty pallets to spain bit is correct
The ■■■■■■■■ mafia i would guess is right
I dont think any of it involves ecm though (or helicopters,bibles,ties,or mormons :laughing: :laughing: )
How did you know all that? Are you a closet spotter? Or willie n tinks bodyguard? :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I sometimes wonder whose thicker, the person telling this ■■■■■ or the person posting this ■■■■■ to be re-assured…■■?